Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Joysticks (again)  (Read 2992 times)

December 14, 2006, 06:58:46 PM
Read 2992 times

ChrisNorman

Hi there,

I've been trying to get my joystick to control pan/tilt and the like.  I've followed all the instructions for creating cues and enabling joysticks in the options menu, however VisualDMX doesn't seem to be receiving any data from the JS.

In the option window, the label in the JS section reads 'Joystick found' -> 'Joystick initialized', but never 'Communicating with joystick', as I've read it should somewhere on the forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

December 15, 2006, 10:02:44 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
What model joystick are you using?
What VisualDMX software version are you trying?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 15, 2006, 01:50:41 PM
Reply #2

ChrisNorman

Hi Maarten,

Joystick is a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 (USB) and VisualDMX 1.46 build 22.  The JS is verified as working properly in other apps, and I've tried it using both diver versions 4.03.281 and 5.1.2600.0 with identical results.

Cheers,

Chris

December 19, 2006, 10:02:52 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Hi Chris,

This is difficult problem to tackle; it should just work. I'll try to get a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 model myself to test.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 19, 2006, 07:16:19 PM
Reply #4

ChrisNorman

Yeah, I appreciate that :)

In the mean time I'll test on a different machine to determine whether it's an issue with this specific model of joystick or some weird combination of hardware+OS.

Cheers,

Chris

May 23, 2007, 06:20:40 PM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Joystick support has just been improved and will in effect from version 1.47 b8.
Although I am unable to obtain the above mentioned model to assess (end of life product), I believe this issue is fixed as well.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 06:22:21 PM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk