Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuelux vs. Emulation  (Read 5188 times)

April 21, 2010, 11:47:13 AM
Read 5188 times

beezer

• Macbook / Cuelux / Virtual DJ
Hi, I was in Frankfurt Prolight and Sound.
I had seen by Elation, there is the same Software as Cuelux but this name is Emulation. What are the differences? Simon said the Price is 300€

April 21, 2010, 01:11:09 PM
Reply #1

Meister Lampe

There is no difference between the Programms, Emulation is an OEM of Cuelux. Also the price is the same 399,- €

April 21, 2010, 01:56:45 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
That's correct.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

April 08, 2019, 08:48:31 PM
Reply #3

djlucky

Hi, i found out that elation discounted Emulation software, Will my cue cable work with newer versions of cuelux? or is there any patch to make it compatible with Cuelux?

April 09, 2019, 10:58:47 AM
Reply #4

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,
Currently Cuelux and Emulation are the same version.  For now you will have to stick to the Emulation version.

This will change in the future. We will start supporting the Emulation dongle with Cuelux when we stop building the Emulation software.
I'm guessing this will be the next software version of Cuelux. Unfortunately I don't have an estimated time of arrival, though I'm hoping we'll fix some reported bugs soon.

For technical support you are always welcome at Visual Productions.

Greetings,
Bootsy

April 09, 2019, 09:30:04 PM
Reply #5

djlucky

That´s great, Thank you for your answer.  :)

September 06, 2019, 12:19:49 AM
Reply #6

djlucky

Hi, is the is now cuelux supportin emulation cables?

September 06, 2019, 12:12:17 PM
Reply #7

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

The Emulation cable should be compatible with cuelux version 1.4.47 and up. I'm hoping for a new release very soon, so stay tuned!

Greetings,
Bootsy

September 06, 2019, 10:10:38 PM
Reply #8

djlucky

not for download yet, will be soon if i understand? 
can be simultaneously instaled both emulation and cuelux or they share the same folders? i´m thinkink as to use emulation then as a functional older backup

September 09, 2019, 09:41:46 AM
Reply #9

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

They can both be installed at the same time. Emulation uses a different folder. (Emulation folder vs Visual Productions folder)
You can download 1.4.47 from our website already, but it has a few bugs which makes it crash sometimes. I'm hoping for a fix for this soon, but we'll see how it goes.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 02, 2019, 11:07:00 PM
Reply #10

djlucky

i´ve tried cuelux 10447, i´ve copied my shows and user personalities from emulation but it crashes all the time when i try to add fixtures, i´ve uninstall delete all folders in program files and documents and settings, new istall but with the same results (program stopped working) when adding any stock fixtures
(windows 7 32bit, thinkpad t410,4gb ram, ssd hdd, cuecable pcb ver 1.4, firmware version 1.03) emulation 10396 is working
edit:
 i´ve solve the crashing issues: right click on icon set compatibiliy mode to windows 7 and check run as administrator (maybe this could help others with crashing)

but the problem is that light are not working, like no dmx signal, dmx monitor in cuelux shows output correctly,  but lights don´t react-anything,
 cuelux-NOT working,
 emulation-working
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:35:44 PM by djlucky »

October 03, 2019, 10:26:00 AM
Reply #11

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this, you are absolutely right. On macOS it works perfectly, on Windows it recognises the cable, it shows it in the hardware tab and it LOOKS like it is working, but there is no DMX output.

We will fix this in the next version, which should be soon I hope... We also fixed a lot of crashes already.

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 14, 2019, 09:12:31 AM
Reply #12

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi,

The new version is released, you can find it on the website. Version 1.4.50.
The Emulation cable should work with this.

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk