Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: 1.02b7 Behringer Flying Fader Bug?  (Read 6520 times)

April 24, 2010, 07:59:07 PM
Read 6520 times

musictherapy

Hi,

I feel a little stupid pointing this out (in case is just me!) but v1.02b7 seems to have a problem with my Behringer BCF2000 running on OSX 10.5.8 (tried it on two different Macs). I noticed this last Saturday when the beta came out and it was such an obvious bug that I assumed it would be fixed immediately - but it would seem not! I have tried it with existing shows and new shows started from scratch with a clean install of Cuelux. I have also checked the assignments on my BCF (and also re-flashed the Sysex I got from the forum).

So here is how to replicate the problem:

Load a simple cue on all eight faders (different cue on each - one step will do - I did 100% beam and recorded it onto each slider one at a time).
Set all the cues to fader start.
Slide up slider 3 (thus starting the cue) - slider 2 will suddenly fly to 100%. It does not affect slider 2 on the screen. It does not start the cue on slider 2.
Slide slider 3 down until the cue stops - slider two will fly back down again. Again no response on screen.
Slide up slider 8 (again starting the cue) - this time slider 3 will fly down to 0%. Slide down slider 8 (thus stopping the cue) - slider 2 will fly up to 100%. Again not affecting the screen at all.
Simply pressing the play button on slider 3 or 8 also has the same effect.

Seems to have the same problem if you put a stack on the sliders also.

Am I crazy?

April 25, 2010, 08:07:30 PM
Reply #1

johannes

hello,

i've also got a problem with my BCF.
I actually don't know which version i'm using, but it's certainly araound 1.01

When I've started the PC and started Cuelux as well, the BCF is found immediately.
Everything works fine, but when I don't keep the faders in motion and wait 1 - 2 minutes, it doesn't work anymore.
MIDI-OX gets a signal, but Cuelux not.
So a total restart is the only way to solve the problem.

I'm using Cuelux to run our little Theatre lighting and it's going extremely on my nerves to sit in front of the computer moving a fader without a cue on my BCF the whole time, hoping that it's still working the next Cue.

this week will be some rehearsals, I'll try again with the new version.

greetings

johannes

April 25, 2010, 11:53:01 PM
Reply #2

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
When I've started the PC and started Cuelux as well, the BCF is found immediately.
Everything works fine, but when I don't keep the faders in motion and wait 1 - 2 minutes, it doesn't work anymore.
MIDI-OX gets a signal, but Cuelux not.
So a total restart is the only way to solve the problem.

Hi Johannes,

That's really weird. Do you experience this every time or just since you updated it to 1.01?

Try to run it with the new update and let us know if you still have this problem..

Gr, Rick

April 26, 2010, 01:17:50 AM
Reply #3

musictherapy

Just to make it clear, this only happens with 1.02b7. If I start an older version everything works fine. Also tried it on another machine and exactly the same thing happens.

Have not experienced the problem of the BCF going offline - left it running for hours and it stays connected as expected.

Cheers,

May 02, 2010, 11:41:36 PM
Reply #4

musictherapy

Still no answer on this? No hints?

With all the other people on the forum getting their questions answered I am feeling very left out! I have a show in a week and a very expensive unusable setup.

Once agin with 1.02b7 when I start playback 2, fader 2 zeros itself (on the BCF) and when I stop playback 2 fader 2 goes to full up (127). Lots of similar weirdness with other playback buttons (2,3,8 on bank 1 and gets worst on bank 2) Tried it with three different machines now - all clean install, all same problem.
Thanks.

May 03, 2010, 12:22:11 AM
Reply #5

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Still no answer on this? No hints?

With all the other people on the forum getting their questions answered I am feeling very left out! I have a show in a week and a very expensive unusable setup.

Once agin with 1.02b7 when I start playback 2, fader 2 zeros itself (on the BCF) and when I stop playback 2 fader 2 goes to full up (127). Lots of similar weirdness with other playback buttons (2,3,8 on bank 1 and gets worst on bank 2) Tried it with three different machines now - all clean install, all same problem.
Thanks.

Hmm, that's really weird..

Maybe this will help:
- Remove all Cuelux versions
- Reinstall Cuelux
- Put your BCF in another USB-slot then usual
- Program your show in a new file (so don't load a new one)
- Try to run it again..

If this will not help you, I can mail you Cuelux 1.02b6..

May 06, 2010, 09:09:25 PM
Reply #6

johannes

so ... tried with the new version.

Now I've got the two problems ;-)
One problem is that the faders start to move like described and the other one is still that after some time the BCF doesn't work any more.

I will try now with a complete remove of all the old versions (I hope that I've got none on my computer - but who knows?).
Maybe that helps.

greetings, johannes.

May 06, 2010, 09:41:56 PM
Reply #7

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
I will try now with a complete remove of all the old versions (I hope that I've got none on my computer - but who knows?).
Maybe that helps.

I hope this will solve your problems.
If you need an older release, you will find them here: ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl/releases/

May 07, 2010, 08:11:09 AM
Reply #8

popy

@johannes: i also had this sometime. Try to deactivate the power save mode on each USB port (in device manager). Also just use one driver. Iam using the windows xp default.

cu
pOpY

May 08, 2010, 09:05:31 PM
Reply #9

johannes

ok, thanks - i will try next time.

May 10, 2010, 07:51:26 PM
Reply #10

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi All,
I have found the cause of the 'flying fader' issue; it was a bug in the code. I have fixed it now; the fix will appear in v1.02.11.
Thanks for your patience.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 19, 2010, 01:53:21 AM
Reply #11

musictherapy

Thanks for finding the problem ... and of course for fixing.

I will give it a test and confirm the problem has gone ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk