Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: HQ-Power - VDPL304LF QUAD SPINNER - LED MESSENGER  (Read 3245 times)

May 03, 2010, 08:27:04 PM
Read 3245 times

VictorySL

I need a personality file for this (text) device. The sooner the better. I would prefer to have it tomorrow, but I understand if you can't make it!

Here's a link to the manual: http://www.hqpower.eu/downloads/4/vdpl304lfgbnlfresd.pdf

Thank you in advance.

May 04, 2010, 08:08:30 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi,

Personality file as attached. Most channels are on the 'customs' page.

instructions @ http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=857.0

[attachment deleted by admin]
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 06, 2010, 10:04:43 PM
Reply #2

VictorySL

Thank you for your quick service.

Unfortunately, when I open the fixture, it is mentioned as a strobe and the unit itself doesn't react to Visualdmx.

Temporary I use an generic 8 channel dimmer fixture (which does work, but not great). I Hope you can adjust the personality file so I can use the fixture more easily.

May 17, 2010, 03:27:02 PM
Reply #3

VictorySL

Did you allready have had the possibility to fix the personality? Thank you in advance.

May 17, 2010, 04:13:21 PM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Actually the personality file is correct, however, the VDPL304LF is just quite an odd fixture. I mean, it is not anything like a scanner, yoke or other 'typical' effect. So VisualDMX gets a bit confused and thinks it is most likely a strobe, which it isn't either. But VisualDMX considering this fixture to be a strobe is just cosmetic, I would worry to much about it.

Nevertheless, VisualDMX should be able to control the light without any problem. Have you had a look at the 'Custom' tab, that is where i have put most of the fixture's controls. Is there anything specific that doesn't work?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 17, 2010, 04:51:03 PM
Reply #5

VictorySL

Okay, that makes things a bit more clear. The customs tab works indeed, but I still can't manage to program sequences with the fixture. In the "help" file there is mentioned a "intelligent editor", but I can't find/select it anywhere, the only thing that pops up is the sequence editor (which looks quite the same). Is this a fault in the help file or am I doing something wrong?

May 18, 2010, 08:29:55 AM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
sorry, the help is outdated here. The Intelligent editor is merged into the Sequence Editor.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk