Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: apc40  (Read 7665 times)

May 06, 2010, 11:41:05 AM
Read 7665 times

ben

• atohms
Hello I' m new on the forum, I'm from france (sorry for my english), I m trying cuelux, I have an APC40.

I'm trying to build a midimap for the APC40, but I've some problem, I m not a soft programer , I understand englis but it's more difficult than french, so it is too much for my brain...

I find many informations on the forum, is anybody begin to build a midimap for the APC40?

I begin with the maudio midimap, because thre is the fader control on CC 7 and chanel 1 to 8...
so can you help me please... :-\ :-\ :P

May 06, 2010, 11:58:46 PM
Reply #1

KnowSlumber

Hey Ben,

I've programmed an APC40.xml MIDI map. It's not quite finished, but I can send it over if you want. PM me your email.

May 13, 2010, 11:57:15 AM
Reply #2

ben

• atohms
thx , Im a little bit busy for the moment, but I'm very interesting to test it...

I send you my mail by Pm...

May 14, 2010, 05:09:15 AM
Reply #3

KnowSlumber

I'll send it next time I'm at the venue.

May 14, 2010, 09:36:18 AM
Reply #4

raystream

the apc40 is a great device.
could you please upload the file here?

what is the button assignment (which button triggers what function) ?

is the apc20 compatible? i have an apc20 device here in my studion and would really like to use it with cuelux

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:37:53 AM by raystream »

May 15, 2010, 01:32:29 AM
Reply #5

KnowSlumber

http://rapidshare.com/files/387415727/GiantAPC.xml.html

This is still a WIP.

The upper grid controls go buttons. Buttons are mutually exclusive i.e. pressing one turn off all the others, though multiple buttons can be triggered if pressed simultaneously.
Scene launch are blackout, tempo, tempo sync, none, release and stop all clips (stops all go buttons).
Clip stop row isn't coded yet.
Track selection buttons do nothing.
Nudge buttons nudge tempo.
Shift is break.
Activator is go fader button sec.
Solo and cue are feedback only, faders direct mapped to first 8 faders.
Crossfader is speed.
Master is master fade.

You can open up the xml in text edit software to see what the specific channels and messages are.
Easy to edit, just copy and paste out of the generic.xml and change MIDI assignments per taste.

Feedback is thanks to Maarten, who was nice enough to write a sepcial line into the MIDI code just for this controller :D

This mapping is meant for a non-linear style of performance. I typically use the grid to trigger stacks of chases.
I'd suggest coding your groups to the first 8 faders in the play menu.

Let me know if it works with the APC20. I couldn't find a map, and all apcs have fixed midi assignments afaik.

Do the track selection buttons on the APC20 send a midi note message? (they dont on APC40)

Love to get feedback on this from anyone else with APC. Post it here.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:41:22 AM by KnowSlumber »

July 09, 2010, 05:14:58 PM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I have created a midimap for the APC 40, please find it attached together with a diagram.

Unfortunately, some buttons on the APC are set 'toggle' rather then 'flash' which is required for Cuelux. I haven't found a way to edit the behaviour of the APC (several other midi control surfaces provide editing software or support sysex dumps).
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 26, 2011, 04:03:47 AM
Reply #7

Mitch

Hey guys,

I'm a noob concerning using Cuelux. I also use the AKAI APC40. And my problem is, that I have to make a double push for pushing the FLASH Button. Or the FOG Button hold the function. I still despair. I have bought the APC40 for controlling Cuelux and now there is this really stressing problem.

Is there are solution in the meantime or should I kick the APC in the garbage can :-P

Greets and thanks a lot for your help
Cuelux Cable
Languages: German & English

December 26, 2011, 01:16:28 PM
Reply #8

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
it's coming for the apc40 and not from cuelux, you shoudl get a way to set how the apc40 will send the value. For example for the NCF200 tehre is a special sofware enabling to change the way each button and fader act...this should exist for your model.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 26, 2011, 03:34:04 PM
Reply #9

Mitch

Thanks for your help! Do you have an idea where I can find such a software?
Cuelux Cable

December 26, 2011, 04:16:42 PM
Reply #10

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
i'm sorry but i have no idea i lokked directly on the akai website but i did not find information abaout it. Did you receievd a cd with your apc40? maybe it's included on it?
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 27, 2011, 12:55:57 PM
Reply #11

Mitch

Thanks ... maybe the DEVELOPERS of Cueplux can help me?
Cuelux Cable

December 27, 2011, 02:02:12 PM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Mitch,

I'll hook up the APC40 when I am back in the office after the x-mas break and see if it's something I can improve on my end (hopefully with an adjustment of the midi map). In general, the APC is great piece of hardware but the it is not flexible in terms of software. e.g. some of the buttons we cannot change to behavior of. I think they only had Ableton in mind while developing this kit. Let's see what we can do about it in January.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 29, 2011, 05:20:37 PM
Reply #13

Mitch

Thanks a lot Maarten! That's very kind of you!
Cuelux Cable

January 18, 2012, 08:20:31 PM
Reply #14

Mitch

Hey Maarten,

did you forget me?

There's a software especially for controlling Lasers! They also use the APC40 and there the problem doesn't exist.

Could you modify the MidiMap .... PLEASE :-)
Cuelux Cable

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk