Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Advice / help for a newbie please!?  (Read 7881 times)

May 28, 2010, 04:21:07 PM
Read 7881 times

adamipswich

Hello all. I recently purchased CueLux which I am very happy with. I would like to program some cues/shows and then be able to easily toggle them using some kind of button(s). Is there a way of doing this with a computer keyboard please? If not can anyone suggest an interface that is easy to setup and use with CueLux on a gig (I am using a MacBook Pro)? We are a function band and I play keyboards so navigating through cues needs to be as easy as possible.

Would anyone for a small fee to cover time offer to program some good cues? It's not beyond me but I am having trouble with time at the moment. Also I am aware a pro could do this fairly quickly and far more complex than me :)

We have 6x Martin Mac250 Krypton Moving Heads and 2 Wizard Extreme's though these may be best just left sound to light and linked to do there own thing. We would need a mixture of cues for fast/slow songs, if anyone can help please get in touch and I will send some photographs of our stageplan for fixture positions.

Thanks to everyone.
- Adam

May 28, 2010, 05:20:49 PM
Reply #1

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum!

Hello all. I recently purchased CueLux which I am very happy with. I would like to program some cues/shows and then be able to easily toggle them using some kind of button(s). Is there a way of doing this with a computer keyboard please?
Yes, that's possible. Someone made a map of that. You'll find it here: http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1048.msg2711#msg2711
It's not a qwerty-keyboard, but I'm sure you'll figure it out :)

If not can anyone suggest an interface that is easy to setup and use with CueLux on a gig (I am using a MacBook Pro)? We are a function band and I play keyboards so navigating through cues needs to be as easy as possible.
I use the BCF-2000. It's a really nice midi-controller because of the motorised faders. (You also can use a joystick for positioning :))

Would anyone for a small fee to cover time offer to program some good cues? It's not beyond me but I am having trouble with time at the moment. Also I am aware a pro could do this fairly quickly and far more complex than me :)

We have 6x Martin Mac250 Krypton Moving Heads and 2 Wizard Extreme's though these may be best just left sound to light and linked to do there own thing. We would need a mixture of cues for fast/slow songs, if anyone can help please get in touch and I will send some photographs of our stageplan for fixture positions.
I'm busy too, but I think I can make some time for you :) But I think it's important to tell me what kind of cues you want (besides faster-slower)..

Gr,
Rick

June 02, 2010, 10:51:27 AM
Reply #2

adamipswich

Hi Rick,

Thanks very much for the information, I very much appreciate your help! Is the BCF-2000 easy enough to get working with CueLux please? As for the cues, I don't wish to waste your time so can you give me some idea of fee to cover your time? I would like a mixture of dynamic cues which make the most of my moving heads. We are a function covers band and I would like to toggle the cues by keyboard or button (thanks for the link to the keyboard shortcuts).

Thanks!

June 02, 2010, 11:43:06 AM
Reply #3

adamipswich

What does everyone think to Novations midi controller please? If this could be used to trigger Cues it looks brilliant, does anyone know if this would be possible please? I play keyboards in our band so need an easy way of triggering pre-programed cues, any ideas how this can be achieved?

http://www.novationmusic.com/uk/products/midi_controllers/launchpad

Thanks!
- Adam

June 02, 2010, 12:19:34 PM
Reply #4

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hey,

You always can send me a beer, but that will be tricky ;)

I think the BCF is the best controller 'till now, because of the motorized faders. You also can use the Launchpad, but I don't think it's the most suitable controller (because it had no faders at all)..

When you send me an email to r i c k [at] a n d y c o b b e n . n l with some pictures of your show, i'll take a look at it when I have some time left :)

Gr,
Rick

June 02, 2010, 04:47:57 PM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The launchpad is completely supported by Cuelux, including all the fancy multi coloured buttons  8)
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 03, 2010, 09:34:07 AM
Reply #6

adamipswich

Hi Maarten, Thanks for confirming that the Novation LaunchPad is supported in CueLux. Would this be easy to setup working with a MacBook Pro and would the buttons be easy enough configured to run Cues (I really need a simple way of triggering programmed cues). Thanks & Best Wishes, Adam

June 04, 2010, 10:38:41 AM
Reply #7

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 10, 2010, 02:47:34 PM
Reply #8

adamipswich

Hi Maarten & Everyone!

I just plugged in a Novation Launchpad and it works very well with CueLux (only needed to install the drivers, easily done in seconds). Do you know if there is a blackout button I can use on the launchpad? The session one at the top seems to be 'fog' and the 'mixer' one sets the BPM. It would be great if perhaps the user 1 or 2 buttons could be used for master blackout.

Thanks!
- Adam

June 10, 2010, 03:29:12 PM
Reply #9

raystream

June 10, 2010, 04:39:03 PM
Reply #10

adamipswich

Thanks raystream for the Launchpad button mapping.

Hmmm, does not seem to be a button assigned for blackout. Does anyone know how to change the key assignment, ideally I could lose the blinder function and make it blackout.

Thanks!

June 10, 2010, 06:43:42 PM
Reply #11

adamipswich

Okay I nearly have this working by modifying the xml file for the launchpad. Maarten do you please have a list of xml variables that Cuelux uses by any chance? I have the blackout function working but have to hold down the launchpad button (Toggle).

Thanks,
- Adam

June 10, 2010, 11:41:07 PM
Reply #12

vnx

Hi Adam,

I have used the following XML-Code for my Ohm64 mapping to switch on/off Blackout without having to hold down the corresponding key during the blackout period. Thay should do the trick for you as well, just adapt the MIDI addressing for your needs:

Code: [Select]
<action label="Action 04">
  <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Down">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 71</trigger>
    <tasks>
      <task type="Special" function="Toggle" feature="Blackout" />
    </tasks>
</action>

Best,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

June 11, 2010, 09:05:54 AM
Reply #13

adamipswich

Cheers Ben. I will try this out.

Thanks Again and all the best.
- Adam

June 14, 2010, 03:27:34 PM
Reply #14

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Adam,

Don't forget to copy your - amended - version of the launchpad file in the /User folder. Any file in the /Factory folder will be overwritten by the software.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk