Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Akai LPD8  (Read 3505 times)

May 28, 2010, 09:29:11 PM
Read 3505 times

brianroost

Hi, has anyone the software to use the  Akai LPD8 as a controler?  Link to user manual       
http://www.akaipro.com/lpd8/?tt=5

May 31, 2010, 09:02:23 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I have read the manual, it doesn't give me all the info to start making a midimap.

Can you perhaps tell me what MIDI messages are send out by the pads and knobs in CC mode, in the factory default?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 01, 2010, 07:24:31 PM
Reply #2

brianroost

as far as I can see the following midi mesasges are sent out:

when "program" is selected,you can pre select which midi channel info is transmitted on. Pad one makes all info transmit on midi channel one, pad two on two, pad three on three, and pad four on four. Pads 5,6,7,& 8 have no effect.
When "pad" is selected, pad 1 = midi note ( value 1 ) 36, pad 2 = 37, pad 3 = 38, pad 4 = 39, pad 5 = 40, pad 6 = 41, pad 7 = 42, and pad 8 = 43.
When "knob" is selected, knob 1 ( Val 1 ) = 1, knob 2 ( Val 1 ) = 2, knob 3 ( Val 1 ) = 3, knob 4 ( Val 1 ) = 4, knob 5 ( Val 1 ) = 5, knob 6 ( Val 1 ) = 6, knob 7 ( Val 1 ) = 7, knob 8 ( Val 1 ) = 8.   Value 2 = 0-127 for all knobs.

Hope this helps.
  Many thanks for trying.
     Brian

June 02, 2010, 04:22:12 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Brian,

Could you please test the attached file?
If it works then the pads will 'go' the playback buttons and the knobs will set the playback button's speed.
I have used midi channel 1.

Instructions:
Please make sure Cuelux is not running. Then, copy the (attached) personality file into:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Visual Productions\Cuelux\Midimaps\Factory (for Windows) or
/Users/user/Visual Productions/Cuelux/Midimaps/Factory (for Mac Os)
When you start up Cuelux the new file will be loaded.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 04, 2010, 04:56:27 PM
Reply #4

brianroost

Many thanks for this. At the moment we have a problem with our lead. As soon as it is repaired I will try it out and let you know.
 Once again thak you.
  Brian

January 21, 2024, 10:32:46 AM
Reply #5

Bartokai

I'm trying this one right now. It's connected by USB. Not really plug and play yet. At least not for a newbie like me. 
I downloaded the file (Maartens akai.xml) after logging in to the forum. I copied the file to the specified folder but there was already an ' akai.xml'... so I renamed the new file to akai2.xml. Then launched cueluxpro. The AKAI LPD8 is there,
Should I now select AKAI LPD8 as INPUT DEVICE 1 and 2 on MIDI 1? I tried several configurations.. but nothing happens when I push the pads or turn the knobs. The LPD8 is in PAD-mode..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 08:58:15 AM by Bartokai »

January 24, 2024, 11:11:51 AM
Reply #6

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Since 2010 the updated version of the midi map file had been included into the installation folder of Cuelux.
So you do not need to use teh file available in this post.
You can remove the new akai file you put in the folder, start Cuelux, go into options, select Midi.
Select the AKAI LPD8 as input and output and the in the midimap list on the right select the AKAI LPD8 midimap..
Now it should work.

But reading the post we never had any feedback about this midimap and we do not have one here to test it, so maybe the midimap is not working.
Waiting for your feedback, ;)

Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 29, 2024, 08:51:39 AM
Reply #7

Bartokai

I made the mistake posting this in 'Cuelux' and it should have been 'Cuelux Pro'  my fault. The two seem so alike, but yet are very different so it seems.

But I got this reply concerning my question from the supportteam:

We do not make midi maps any more.
It is possible to use your midi controller with CueluxPro using show
control or by making a midi map yourself.

To use show control click the Memories button followed by the Action button.
Then you can add a midi actionlist.
After that you can add an action for every button and knob.
You can use the learn button in the action to create a link between the
button or knob and the action.
After learn is enabled press the button or turn a knob.
CueluxPro should now learn the what message the button or knob send.
Then add a task. The task is used to tell CueluxPro what to do when the
button or knob is used.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk