Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Livid Ohm64  (Read 11710 times)

June 01, 2010, 10:51:01 AM
Read 11710 times

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I have created a midimap for the Ohm64 MIDI control surface.It is a cool fader and button wing from Livid Instruments (http://www.lividinstruments.com/hardware_ohm64.php).

Please find attached the XML file and a diagram indicating the layout of the functions.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 03, 2010, 12:13:20 AM
Reply #1

lallylighting

• Event Lighting and Media Design
    • Lally Lighting Home Page
You are a star!!!!   Thank you ... I own this controller ... I will let you know how I get on. 
Thanks again

Simon. ;D
Simon Lally
Lally Lighting

June 03, 2010, 02:10:55 AM
Reply #2

lallylighting

I couldn't get it loaded .... the livid midi file shows up grey in the midi selection .....  I copied your file both to factory and user...no luck.
I am sure its me....   any tips.
Simon. ???

windows vista .....  cuelux build 13
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 02:46:28 AM by lallylighting »
Simon Lally
Lally Lighting

June 03, 2010, 08:27:10 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Simon,

Do you see the 'midi' LED blinking when you press a button on the ohm64? This red LED is in Cuelux' main GUI.
If this LED blinks it means that at least Cuelux is receiving a midi message.

I have made this midimap to work with the ohm64 when it comes straight out of the box. Do you perhaps have changed the midi assignment of the ohm's controls? This could be the issue as well.

Just for me to understand correctly:
- is the ohm64 selected as the midi input device?
- is the ohm64 selected as the midi outputdevice?
- does the ohm64 show in the list of midimaps?
- is the ohm64 selected as the midimap?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 03, 2010, 09:59:50 PM
Reply #4

lallylighting

Thanks for speedy response :  So I have the ohm 64 sending midi , I can see the little red blinky light on cuelux. I have reset the ohm 64 to factory settings,..... But i think my problem is that , the midi map you made isn't showing up in the map section in cuelux.
I have copied your file to factory folder in cuelux my documents.  When I search for this in cuelux I can see the livid file, but its in grey and wont' let me open it.... I know i shouldn't be opening from the disk button in cuelux.   but I just wanted to see if I could see it!!

I have screen grabs of the issue
simon
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:07:37 PM by lallylighting »
Simon Lally
Lally Lighting

June 04, 2010, 10:33:53 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Another try at uploading the file.
I could not read back the above file either.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 04, 2010, 10:36:39 AM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
strange, the file seems to get cut off just before the end... let's try it in a zip file...
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 04, 2010, 10:37:48 AM
Reply #7

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
yes, using the ZIP works for me.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 04, 2010, 06:30:58 PM
Reply #8

lallylighting

Brilliant ...   works great. !!!!!    :)  Thanks again for the speedy response ...  This is with out a doubt the fastest forum I have been on. I am a beta tester for Chamsys and Hog !!!!  so I am on forums all the time.

Thanks

Simon

Simon Lally
Lally Lighting

June 04, 2010, 07:16:35 PM
Reply #9

lallylighting

Hi there .... I am one bit of information away from having a great cuelux set up.
Here is my complete set up.
Windows xp shuttle pc running cuelux with 2 x mirrored 20 inch touch screens, bcf 2000 controller (Main show console.)
I also have a back up in place :  Windows vista netbook with ohm 64 midi controller.

I load the completed programmed show from the main to back up. no problem . I have a usb switch , which lets me run 3 devices from 2 pc's.   this works great .  The cue cable , keyboard , and trackball.  The midi controller as it turns out does not like the switch !!!   this is ok because you have written a great map for the OHM 64.... and unlike the bcf 2000 , the ohm 64 is usb powerd.   

So should I have a software crash on the main console , i press one button and i am on the other back up console. All of this works great , I just need to make sure there is a safety cue live on the back up , so I don't go to black at the gig.

I also run media servers from cuelux over artnet to drive video eye candy ... although there are no personality files for Arkaos / Hippo/
I use simple mode in Arkaos MM and Arkaos DMX.  The switch works great for this too.  because it stops broadcasting on artnet on the main console and starts on the back up ....with no conflicts !!!!

So here is the missing piece to a perfect show set up with backups.!!!!   Tracking backup .  I was wondering if there was a midi fix for this.  Both the bcf 2000 and ohm 64 have midi in and out ....  I remember in the old days with hog 2's you could run them in sync / midi notes in on one hog 2 , and midi notes out of the other hog.

I realize you are very busy writing code at the moment .... and this should be way way down the list... but i was just seeing if you guys could try it first on your controllers and let me know....

Thanks again for all you help / its a great product and getting better every day..

Simon
Simon Lally
Lally Lighting

June 04, 2010, 08:41:00 PM
Reply #10

lallylighting

The omh 64 is great....   but how complex is it to make the mapped flash buttons / go buttons on a stack instead ?   i tried copying code from other maps ..... I completely messed it up...   fail from me ...  again this is very low priority for me...  It's just that I use cue stacks all the time .... is it also possible to go back on a q stack...  holding ctrl down and hitting go ...is the common practice on other pc lighting consoles...

Simon
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:08:03 PM by lallylighting »
Simon Lally
Lally Lighting

June 07, 2010, 09:11:10 AM
Reply #11

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
The buttons on the ohm64 are mapped to the playbacks, so just program a cuelist under a playback.

In the software GUI you can right-click on the Go button to go back. On some midi controllers like the Midicon we had more buttons available and mapped that to the goback function.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 08, 2010, 09:57:54 AM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
I have made a start at the Arkaos personality file, please find it attached. Instructions @ http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=857.0

[attachment deleted by admin]
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 09, 2010, 05:11:54 PM
Reply #13

lividinstruments

Great to see people use the Ohm64 for this! If you guys have any hardware questions feel free to stop on by our forums http://blog.lividinstruments.com/forum/ or ask me here.
Best,
Jay

--
http://www.lividinstruments.com

June 10, 2010, 04:14:28 AM
Reply #14

lallylighting

HI , Just wanted to say thank you !!!!  The Map for the ohm 64 is really good .  I  just came off a show I did ,using the software. I only used it for half of the space ...  Just to test it , it was really good. I am hooking up the console to Arkaos tonight , to test the profile .
Is it only written for tiny mode in DMX VJ?   I will let you know how it works .

All we need now is Livid to add motorized faders !!!!   I think I will jump on their forum for that!!!

Kind regards

Simon
San Francisco.
Simon Lally
Lally Lighting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk