Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: What about a manual wiki  (Read 2810 times)

June 14, 2010, 11:31:09 PM
Read 2810 times

pbel

• Light Operator
    • Exa Light + Sound GmbH
Hi

I see the forum is used to solve a lot of issues and the response is really fast. Thank you a lot for that. On the other hand some questions I had I woudln't have posted if there would be a up to date manual. I understand that this is not simple to produce.

What about setting up a wiki which is open to the forum users so we can help you to put a "living" manual in place? I.e. if I get an good answer in the forum I could as a thank you update the wiki and other users could profit of a structured manual.

Regards
Petr
---
cuelux on mac os x 10.6 and windows 7 with bfc 2000. mac 500, mx 10, minimac profile, led flood

June 15, 2010, 09:47:20 AM
Reply #1

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Petr

I think this is a brilliant idea for the Cuelux community!

It sounds like it would certainly help a few issues I see with keeping the manual updated and finding time to prioritize that... but I am not the authority on these things - I have to leave the final decision to Maarten!

I will remind him to have a look into it, thank you!

Have a good day, greetings Zoe 

Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

June 29, 2010, 07:20:08 PM
Reply #2

pbel

• Light Operator
    • Exa Light + Sound GmbH
Hi

As the missing manual gets more and more an issue (as I have to explain the stuff to other people in the company) I started to help myself with a wordpress page were I can add things I found out (it's only in German):

http://petr.beles.com/wordpress/?page_id=51

Still hoping there will be something official.

Cheers
Petr
---
cuelux on mac os x 10.6 and windows 7 with bfc 2000. mac 500, mx 10, minimac profile, led flood

June 30, 2010, 09:18:39 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Petr,

Meanwhile I have discussed your wiki suggestion with Jeroen who takes care of our website and he thinks it is technically possible to integrate it into the website. So I think we can go ahead with the wiki as soon we can allocate some free time for it.

The new manual is being written and almost finished.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk