Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueCable problems  (Read 6603 times)

June 29, 2010, 12:56:25 PM
Read 6603 times

Clemens

Hi people,

I have a big problem with my cue cable.
We just got some new lighting equipment, including 2 Showtec Indigo 4500 moving heads.
Now i was lucky, because in the update from 28 june they put the fixture for the 4500 in cuelux.

With the shipment we also got a cuecable, with the program EMUlation, i read that is almost the same as cuelux (or the same).
So I plugged my cuecable in my light controlling computer and i installed it with the drivers from the emulation cd. I started emulation and the red light under DMX is turned on. Now i shut down emulation and started cuelux, which i downloaded from the site, and the red light under DMX is flashing. I looked at the options -> hardware and is doesn't display any information, in emulation it does.

I also have a lightpanel and a dimmer so i tried controlling one of the moving heads with my light panel, and that worked.
Also our Lightmaxx Pro Strobe 1500 is not working with our computer.

When i try to control the strobes (the fixtures for the moving head are not in emulation) with emulation, i use the generic -> strobes 2 channels, it doesn't work either.

What am i doing wrong?

Greets Clemens

June 29, 2010, 01:03:24 PM
Reply #1

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
With the shipment we also got a cuecable, with the program EMUlation, i read that is almost the same as cuelux (or the same).
So I plugged my cuecable in my light controlling computer and i installed it with the drivers from the emulation cd. I started emulation and the red light under DMX is turned on. Now i shut down emulation and started cuelux, which i downloaded from the site, and the red light under DMX is flashing. I looked at the options -> hardware and is doesn't display any information, in emulation it does.

That's true.. When you have a Emulation-cable, it only works with Emulation and not with Cuelux..

When i try to control the strobes (the fixtures for the moving head are not in emulation) with emulation, i use the generic -> strobes 2 channels, it doesn't work either.
I think the Pro Stobe needs more than two channels?

Greets,
Rick

June 29, 2010, 01:06:53 PM
Reply #2

Clemens

That's true.. When you have a Emulation-cable, it only works with Emulation and not with Cuelux..

Hmm thats too bad, how can i solve it? by ordering a cable from cuelux? Or where can i find any fixtures fpr emulation? Or can i copy fixtures from cuelux to emulation?

I think the Pro Stobe needs more than two channels?

Greets,
Rick

No it only has dimmer and speed.

Greets Clemens

June 29, 2010, 01:12:42 PM
Reply #3

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hmm thats too bad, how can i solve it? by ordering a cable from cuelux? Or where can i find any fixtures fpr emulation? Or can i copy fixtures from cuelux to emulation?
To control Cuelux, you need a CueCable.. So.. Yes ;)
I'm not sure if you can move the fixtures to Emulation.

Stange. Are you sure you have the cable connected and Emulation is running (and is recognising the cable)?

June 29, 2010, 01:16:46 PM
Reply #4

Clemens

To control Cuelux, you need a CueCable.. So.. Yes ;)
I'm not sure if you can move the fixtures to Emulation.
Only because i got a cuecable with emulation it doesn't work with cuelux? Hmmm kinda lame. I tried to move the map personalities to emulation (its the same map tree structure), but i still cant find my indigo 4500 in the list.

Stange. Are you sure you have the cable connected and Emulation is running (and is recognising the cable)?

Yeah emulation is displaying information in the options->hardware screen (where cuelux says: you must have an usb -> dmx cable to use artnet or something).

June 29, 2010, 01:25:27 PM
Reply #5

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Only because i got a cuecable with emulation it doesn't work with cuelux? Hmmm kinda lame. I tried to move the map personalities to emulation (its the same map tree structure), but i still cant find my indigo 4500 in the list.

Hmm.. Can help it.
Maybe Maarten knows a solution for this..??

June 29, 2010, 02:51:31 PM
Reply #6

Clemens

How much money does it cost to order a (cuelux) usb -> DMX cuecable? Is it really 400 euro's or something?

Id like to work with cuelux because it gives way much better support than Emulation...

Thanks,

C.

June 29, 2010, 02:54:06 PM
Reply #7

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Yup, it's 400. Where are you from?

June 29, 2010, 03:09:49 PM
Reply #8

Clemens

Netherlands, im doing this in name of the Fascinus. Im a volunteer there, and doing the light shows on the saturday evening activities.

June 29, 2010, 03:16:17 PM
Reply #9

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Okay,

When you google Cuelux, you'll find a webshop -which I can't mention here- ;)

June 29, 2010, 04:38:32 PM
Reply #10

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Clemens

You should be absolutely OK with using your EmuLATION cable! 

I think it is a great product and the software is great too - yes as great as Cuelux  ;)  We manufacture it for Elation.

I understand if you find the Cuelux support forum easier to use than that of EmuLATION but in essence the answers to questions should be the same.  There are some other EmuLATION users who regularly visit the Cuelux forum and they and you are welcome.

As I mentioned on the phone yesterday if a Personality File is missing we will make it for you.  As this indigo 4500 is for the EmuLATION software I will email it to you rather than attach to this post.  It will be included in the next release of EmuLATION as well.

I hope this answer makes you feel happier about using your EmuLATION cable - you are always welcome to purchase Cuelux but in my opinion you might be better off trying your new EmuLATION cable first...

Thank you and good luck - email with PF on its way to your hotmail address.

Greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

June 30, 2010, 12:40:17 AM
Reply #11

Clemens

Thanks Zoë :)
My indigo 4500 works fine now with my emulation software. But can i request more fixtures here for emulation? Because all the new lighting equipment seems not to be in the list. I have 2 strobes and some led pars. I only know the name of my strobes, and i can't check the name of the led pars because im not at work right now.
I need a fixture for a lightmaxx pro strobe 1500. It only has 2 channels, i tried using the generic strobes but it doesnt work right. 1 is for speed and one is for dimmer.

Or do i need to post a request in the fixture request forum, if so i'll do that tomorrow so i can lookup the names of my led pars. These pars are from lightmaxx too, but that doesn't say much ;)

Thanks for helping me all of you!

Cheers,

Clemens

June 30, 2010, 09:25:07 AM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Clemens,

Just drop a post in the 'Fixture Request' section and we'll make the files for you.
Please be sure to include a link to the manual. You can also email or fax the manual.
If you're in a hurry then please state the date by which you need it.

Have fun,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk