Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Lightmaxx Pro Strobe and Led slim spot  (Read 3838 times)

June 30, 2010, 12:22:43 PM
Read 3838 times

Clemens

Hi people,

I'd like to make a fixture request for the following lighting equipment:

Lightmaxx Pro Strobe 1500
Lightmaxx Led slim spot

I need fixtures for EMUlation, because i can't use cuelux with my cuecable. I don't know if it has any difference, between the fixtures for cuelux and EMUlation, because its almost the same.

I have the manuals in one PDF, but i can't attach them to this post.
So i've uploaded them to megaupload. The link is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5U6Y1S20

Please bear in mind its for EMUlation.

I'd like to have the fixture files as quick as possible, at least friday.

Cheers and succes,

Clemens

July 01, 2010, 08:56:39 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Clemens,

Please find the file attached to this post.
Instructions for installing the file are at http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=857.0

These instructions are for Cuelux, in the case of Emulation just replace the "Visual Productions/Cuelux" part by "Elation/Emulation".

Have fun

[attachment deleted by admin]
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

July 01, 2010, 01:57:45 PM
Reply #2

Clemens

Thanks Maarten,

I'm going to test it now. I'll report back if i encounter anything wrong.

*EDIT:*

The led pars dont work properly, i don't know if it is right but i can't really dim them. I can only turn them on or off. And i cant change the colour of the par, its standard red but i cant turn it green when i put green to 100 and red to 0.

And the strobes don't work either, if i put dimmer to 100 (i plugged my cuecable directly into the strobe) it begins to strobe but very irregular. I can't set the speed. It just doesn't respond. If i set the dip switches right for using it manually it works fine. And i plugged it into the dimmers for using it with my light panel (not computer) and i patch it properly it works fine. There is nothing wrong with my DMX loop because it is the same problem if i plug my cuecable directly into the strobe.

So both don't work, do you need more information just reply.

Cheers,

C.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:00:18 PM by Clemens »

July 02, 2010, 09:42:48 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Clemens,

I had another look at the personality file, but seems to match the documentation properly.

For the Slim spot, you could try different levels on the 'Mode' fader (on the custom page in the programmer). The manual wasn't that clear on the function of this channel.

For the strobe, you could try to patch a 2-channel dimmer and see if the strobe responds to the two dimmer levels as described in the manual.

Which version of Emulation are you using?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

July 02, 2010, 03:31:59 PM
Reply #4

Clemens

Hi Maarten,

Im using the latest version of emulation, 1.02 build 14.

I tried using the mode fader for the led slim spots, and that worked. Maybe if you can improve it, so i can use the color faders, please let me know.

But my strobes still do not work, i tried using a 2 channel dimmer but nothing happens. I really need it as quick as possible pleas. But i'd be happier if it takes 2 days and it works good, than that you make it in an hour and it still doesn't work.

Thanks for all the good support!

Clemens
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:05:27 PM by Clemens »

July 05, 2010, 08:55:15 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
The simplest way to control the strobe is by using a 2-channel dimmer. According to the manual, one dimmer channel will set the speed and the other the intensity. If this doesn't work then something is wrong other than a personality file.

Let's first get it to work on a 2-channel dimmer and then worry about the personality file.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk