Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Questions on VisualDMX's capabilities  (Read 1814 times)

December 22, 2006, 09:00:27 PM
Read 1814 times

onthuhlist

I currently use Martin Light Jockey. They're not offering any type of upgrade to their new interface that now contains DMX in as well as DMX out. So I'm looking around. What I want to do is to find userfriendly software that is, as graphical as possible, with icons for all the colors and gobo patterns), yet also be able to use a small external hardware DMX light controller to control par can dimming when the PC is off. So I need the DMX PC interface to patch input DMX to its output. Can VisualDMX and its hardware interface do this?

December 23, 2006, 05:59:37 PM
Reply #1

Frantic

I guess it isn't  possible, since the dmx dongle/the pc has to be powered to have this done, so either the pc must be on.. Or ou have to put your dmx out of your pc into the dmx in of the par dimmer and have that dmx out go to your lightning installation..

December 24, 2006, 11:41:16 AM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The VisualDMX hardware can do this only when connected to the PC with VisualDMX software running.

If you want to create a true standalone setup then VisualDMX's standalone hardware like the Elite and Frontier do not offer a DMX Input.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk