Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: v1.03 BETA  (Read 32512 times)

August 17, 2010, 10:41:26 PM
Reply #15

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
ah...thx. there you could assign a stacklist, too. One problem more fixed ;-)
And bundle is there, too. Now i can play the rest of the night...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:44:07 PM by Erics »

August 18, 2010, 12:40:54 AM
Reply #16

jot

I miss fader start, too.

@jot
Home Position is not the same as delete. It's to center the pan and tilt. and if you want to safe the center position in a cue you could safe that. So light up delete is normal because you have touched the atribute pan and tilt.

Hi Eric,
it was working in 1.02 before. writing a chase, play it, stop it and if parameter/fader are still active, it was red marked and could set back to zero by pushing delete, pan/tilt or other parameter.

First: i can`t stop the chase, like i was used to in the version before
Second: delete button doesn´t sets the parameter to zero, pan/tilt in center or dimmer not to zero will light up as it is not zero ??
....like invers

After closing cuelux and start up new, it behaves normal, if i start a chase i get in same probs

osx 10.5.8 cuelux 1.03.12

August 18, 2010, 09:24:44 AM
Reply #17

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
it was working in 1.02 before. writing a chase, play it, stop it and if parameter/fader are still active, it was red marked and could set back to zero by pushing delete, pan/tilt or other parameter.

First: i can`t stop the chase, like i was used to in the version before
Second: delete button doesn´t sets the parameter to zero, pan/tilt in center or dimmer not to zero will light up as it is not zero ??
....like invers

After closing cuelux and start up new, it behaves normal, if i start a chase i get in same probs

Ok, i tested it and you are right. It doesn't work to reset only selected parameter.

I tested the Bundle feature, worked great for me. I could now make groups for colors, gobos, movings and switch between them. very cool. I think it would be usefull to see the bundle numbers in the CUE window to see wich cuelist is bundled in wich group.

I think it's hard to find bundle, fader start etc. I would prefer if there was a link to the window from editing cuelist. So that old users find the old parameter quick.

August 18, 2010, 09:31:56 AM
Reply #18

vnx

Hi,

Still not getting the point of the Bundles feature...

@Erics: Could you explain in more detail how you use it??

Thanks,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

August 18, 2010, 11:12:42 AM
Reply #19

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
No problem. For example you make 5 cuelists with different gobos and put them on playback buttons. Now you bundle them all with number 1. When you start one of the bundled cuelist all others get stopped with only on click. So you could easy switch beween.
Now you bundle your cuelists for color, and for movings. And you could easy switch beween the colors and the movings, too.

Without bundle you had to stop one list and turn on another. And when they are on different banks it is diffcult to do that fast. now you don't have to worry where they are programmed. From all you color chasers only the last one started is runnign at once.   

August 18, 2010, 11:50:07 AM
Reply #20

vnx

Hi Erics,

Thanks for the clear explaination. Now I finally got it! Nice feature indeed!

Best,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

August 18, 2010, 07:06:17 PM
Reply #21

Pascal B.

hello
i've a big problem
when i add for example some led bars with many subfixtures the RGB controlling funktion correctly, but when i start cuelux again i can´t change the RGB modulation, and sometimes the fixtures have all the startadress number one.
i hope you can understand and help me

best greetings from germany

August 18, 2010, 07:30:25 PM
Reply #22

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Sorry was away on two gigs testing the new software as well. http://twitpic.com/2fnup7 :)

Great that you've worked out how the bundle works. I do pay special attention to how much it takes you guys to find the bundle/attack setting ang such. I will consider how to make it more accessible.

A couple more thoughts:
- grandmaster/blackout doesn't seem to work
- in order for the background playback feature to be really effective, cuelux should save the playback levels in the showfile, I think.
- if your addresses are reset to 1, it is probably because of switching back and forth between this and older cuelux versions; reading the same show file.
- starting up cuelux with a large patch can be a bit slow at the moment, this needs some more optimizing.

I will look at the other points you mentioned.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

August 18, 2010, 11:30:51 PM
Reply #23

Joost

Hello,

New here but using Cuelux for a short time now  :)

Problems i found till now:
- rotation fader of prism doesnt appear anymore.

Some input:
- Maybe to change the "speed" fader in chase mode to" snap" to next tempo divide, instead of using the whole % scale. If u use encoders, u can snap with one click instead of few turns without knowing exactly when it changes to next divider.

Greets Joost

August 19, 2010, 09:22:48 AM
Reply #24

Erics

• Turn The Table DJ Team
Thanks Maarten for your work.
Is there any way i can control the attak fader with mouse control without opening the playback settings window? I know i can control the speed fader with the mouse wheeel.

August 19, 2010, 03:28:07 PM
Reply #25

jot

hi,
thats nice, controlling speed with the mousewheel... it is working 1.02 too

i must go back to 1.02

i cant stop recorded cues/chases anymore, only deleting of the cue works to stop
set back parameters dont work after a cue paused

and the fixture par56 led cant dimm anymore...

nothing works for me in 1.03 build 2

August 19, 2010, 03:51:52 PM
Reply #26

jot

PS

one of the problems i get in 1.02.13, too
if i merge a step in a running chase, i cant delete this parameters to zero...?
pushing delete parameter shows nothing red marked but faders open

do i, in that case, missunderstand a feature....?

ok, i can stop it from the editor but seems not useful for me ?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:58:34 PM by jot »

August 21, 2010, 11:08:43 PM
Reply #27

Lukas

The new version seems to be full of bugs.

The lag is terrible. Seems to run seriously slow. I can't even get a smooth fade with only 8 parcans running. Some of the files for particular lights have random things missing e.g Rotation of gobos. There also a tendency of patch file not loading properly after closing and opening the program

I'm sorry to say I'm a little disappointed and will be quickly reverting back to the previous version for now.

August 23, 2010, 10:23:58 AM
Reply #28

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Keep smiling  ;D

It's only a BETA version. Yes it will be full of bugs; I will solve them one by one. This is just part of the process to come to a nice new stable release.

I could hide the BETA version from you all and just work on it in our office, but it's much more fun doing it together (with your help it goes faster as well). Some issues will actually only reveal themselves by your feedback like when things are not clear, rather then a real bug.

Please don't use the BETA version in a live show; unless your up for an adventure  ;)
You can also just lean back and wait untill the BETA gets promoted to the stable version, it's usually just a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

August 23, 2010, 08:54:01 PM
Reply #29

Joost

Yes, poor beta victims we are  ;D

Maarten, will u also publish a RC? Have a gig in 2 weeks, and liking the new features  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk