Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Acme LED Dynamic Scan  (Read 3244 times)

September 17, 2010, 07:55:34 PM
Read 3244 times

Rayco

September 20, 2010, 03:45:07 PM
Reply #1

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi Rayco,

Please find the XMl file attached.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:57:14 PM by Bart van Wunnik »
Bart van Wunnik

September 20, 2010, 09:20:56 PM
Reply #2

Rayco

Hi,

Thank you but would it be possible to do a .FXT as I am on Apple it is easier to alter.

September 21, 2010, 09:02:49 AM
Reply #3

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi Rayco,

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we are now totally switching to XML, because it is much more easy to edit on the different operating systems, and it is a standard format.
From now on we do not create FXT files for fixtures anymore, only XML.

Bart van Wunnik

September 21, 2010, 10:17:13 AM
Reply #4

Rayco

I have tried editing the XML files and they are far too long winded without a good understanding of the code.

Why not support FXT until you can provide a user fixture editor like Scan-Library.

It would save you a lot of your time in the long run as there are many fixture we could help you with and most files need a little bit of fine-tuning.

September 21, 2010, 11:26:00 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Rayco,

I do agree with your point. The practical limitation here is that we are slowly converting the FXT files into XML and continue to work on the XML versions. We are working hard on the editor, we are using it ourselves already. As soon as we stop finding any bugs the editor we will release it.

I realize this transition phase is not making live easier, we'll promise to keep it as short as possible. The end result is a nice GUI editor and a XML format that allows better distribution amongst multiple OS's (the FXT files regularly got corrupted through email or OS differences).

Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk