Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Faderstart & Flash  (Read 3430 times)

September 24, 2010, 06:33:34 PM
Read 3430 times

vnx

Hi,

One more tiny problem: I like the faderstart function a lot. E.g. I have one PAR assigned to one fader. Without faderstart activated pressing the flash button just turns on the PAR at full power. But with faderstart activated pressing flash makes the PAR visibly fade-in. I found out, that I can speed that up with the speed fader in the cues settings, but setting it to maximum speed is still not as fast, as flashing without faderstart active. Is this a feature or a bug? ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

September 25, 2010, 03:26:23 AM
Reply #1

TAHS

Hello Ben,

You have to change the fade in/out times to 0 seconds !
It's now probably set to the basic 1 second...
With Best Regards,
Marten

September 25, 2010, 04:11:11 AM
Reply #2

vnx

Hi,

The Cue is set to chase, so no fade-in/fade-out times defined. But good hint! I'll try to see what happens when I deactivate chase and set fade-in/out to 0. However I still wonder, why there is a difference with or without faderstart active...?!?? Appears odd to me, but maybe there's good reason for it..

Best,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

September 25, 2010, 04:19:16 AM
Reply #3

TAHS

With this option you can make some easy effects...
Like a fast fade-in and a slow fade-out, with a chase it isn't possible to do that.
If you like to use it as a chase with more fictures, then just use the follow or the wait option.
With Best Regards,
Marten

September 25, 2010, 04:23:53 AM
Reply #4

vnx

Hi,

OK, just checked: because my cue was set to chase i had a channel flash fade-in time that depends on the global tempo but only, if faderstart is active. This is weird...

Best,

Ben

September 25, 2010, 04:50:10 AM
Reply #5

TAHS

It will maybe a nice future thing, when it's possible to let a follow/wait cuelist GO on the music tempo.

About the chase...
Are you sure it's not the Attack slider, in the last Beta version for windows it doesn't madder. (with ore without the faderstart)
With Best Regards,
Marten

September 25, 2010, 05:06:00 AM
Reply #6

vnx

Hi,

I didn't touch the attack fader, only the faderstart checkbox makes the difference.

Best,

Ben

September 25, 2010, 05:19:07 AM
Reply #7

TAHS

Maybe it's a bug in the MAC version...
With Best Regards,
Marten

September 27, 2010, 10:09:39 AM
Reply #8

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hey guys,

When you have a cuelist that is set to chase mode, the fixtures will be triggered on the selected beat (1/1, 1/2 etc)

When you have a single cue, normally, you shouldn't use the chase-function. Then you can change the fade-in/out time in the cues.
When you have multiple cues, and you've set it to chase mode, then you can change the fade-in/out with the Attack-fader.

September 27, 2010, 03:17:39 PM
Reply #9

vnx

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the clarification! I actually experienced some triggering problems when using chase and faderstart, but if it's tied to the beat that makes perfectly sense, could have thought of it myself ;-) I changed all my relevant cues to non-chase and everything works as expected. I think I used chase because I was just too lazy to edit the fade-times ;-))

Best,

Ben

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk