Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuelux 1.03 build 12  (Read 5497 times)

October 15, 2010, 11:48:29 AM
Read 5497 times

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Dear all,

We have put a new release, v1.03 build 12, online. All feedback is welcome.
You can download it from http://www.cuelux.com/downloads/

Cheers,
Rick

October 15, 2010, 01:55:53 PM
Reply #1

PeroT

Hi Rick,

Remote on HTC Android is working, but only eight upper playback buttons. Bank and release is not working altough Release LED on
remote is getting lit when aplication's  Release button is pressed.

One issue from previous versions is about updating the cue that is on stage with new programmer's content. As it is now when active cue is updated (merge)  it has to be re-played back in order to see new changes on stage. These changes should stay on stage as soon as the cue is updated and programmer cleared.

Regards

October 15, 2010, 08:07:39 PM
Reply #2

jot

hi,
with build 12:
my safed cues behave strange..
xy position seems correct but the beam/dimmer is off and in one of two movheads the gobos are scaled but i never programmed this.
in every cue my ledpar56 are lost-not responding, they react correct in the programmer
the cues were faderstartstop but i can't get them release(red light)they stay activ/paused (orange or green)
and
delete works, undo of this step don't work

worked before in build 10 b

regards
jot
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:40:48 PM by jot »
osx 10.5.8 cuelux 1.03.12

October 16, 2010, 07:41:50 PM
Reply #3

vnx

Hi,

After some time of testing I decided to put Cuelux to work on a concert yesterday. Here are a couple of issues I had that made me fall back to our Lightcommander 12/2 after the first band:

1. One of our dimmer channels failed during the show so I had to change the target of my cue for the red background lights to another channel. After that, the cue did not work anymore (the corresponding fader in the overview and DMX-Monitor both do not indicate any output on the new channel). I had to completely remove the cue and set it up from the beginning.

2. I have put two fader-start cues for two theater-spots in a stack and assigned the stack on another fader to be able to control both lights at once. I also enabled fader-start for that stack. When I move the fader for the stack, the stacked cues start but their faders do not move. I then just made a new cue or group that directly controls both lights, but using stacks is so much easier ;-)

3. The MIDI-feedback is still not quite there. On my Ohm64 with my custom mapping when switching through the fader pages some buttons underneath the faders light up when switching on pages 7 and 8. Usually, these buttons are programmed to only light up when pressed (channel flash). This is the code I use in my mapping:

Code: [Select]
<action>
  <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Fader 01 ButtonPri</trigger>
  <tasks>
    <task type="Midi" function="Control">
      <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 1 - Message 9 - Index 65</argument>
    </task>
  </tasks>
</action>

The top row of the Ohm64 button matrix is set up as playback buttons and to light up, when a cue is running. When switching to fader pages 7 or 8 the leds indicating running cues turn off!

4. This is most serious: As I need manual fader control of the many PARs in our venue I have distributed all our lights over the fader pages, where some of them are already functionally combined DMX-channel-wise. E.g. on page 1 there are all background PARs with their different colors and on page 8 are all front spots. This is were the missing MIDI soft-take over produces lots of trouble: Lets say page 1/fader controls red backlight, software and hardware faders are both at 100%. The artist requests some less light from the front spot. The spot is on page 8/fader 1 (so it's the same physical fader on my Ohm64) and is set to let's say about 60% in software. While on page 8 touching the hardware fader 1 to adjust the intensity to e.g. 20% results in a short jump to 100% (because the hardware fader is at 100%), the artist is "roasted", you feel incredibly embarassed and the audience will have their own thoughts about you ;-)
I am well aware that many folks here use a BCF-2000 and do not have this problem. But there are many great controllers without motorized faders like the Ohm or the Midicon. With these units controlling lights over several fader pages can be a pure nightmare as the above example may have illustrated. And that's why I am such a strong evangelist for MIDI-Soft-takeover support in Cuelux. I feel awfully sorry and bad about it as I really love using Cuelux, but without soft-takeover (or some equivalent) I have to  stop using it for our live concert situations for now. So I hope that is report helps to push soft-takeover a bit up on your todo-list ;-)

Best,

Ben
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:04:28 AM by vnx »
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

October 16, 2010, 11:47:44 PM
Reply #4

TAHS

Hello Ben,

Here some words from my side...

Your point 1:
The most easy way anyway, is to set the new dimmer @100% and merge this to that cue-list...
If you do this in the cue-editor, it's more work.
A other option is to change the DMX-channel form the failed dimmer in the CueLux patch-list...
To the same DMX-channel from the new dimmer...
It will give a red sign because it's now a double patch channel. (until now, I didn't get problems with this)
The new dimmer will now get all info from all other cue-lists. (not always a good option)

Point 2:
I have try it with a windows setup (1.03 build 12) and it works without any problems.

Point 3:
I don't now... sorry.

Point 4:
I think a soft-takeover is a good idea...
A other efficient way, is that the fader will take control when it past the value from the new cue-list.
Let say... the fader-value from the cue-list was set to 40% (you changed the page a couple times) and the midicon-fader stays now @ 80%...
The fader will not get any control, until you set the midicon-fader under the 40% (39% is enough to get control).
And... when the cue-list value is higher then the midicon-fader, the midicon-fader must first get higher then that value.
Both functions must have a option to set it off, when a midi-controller with motor-faders is used.
With Best Regards,
Marten

October 17, 2010, 10:40:53 PM
Reply #5

sandersalden

I had a reproducible crash during a live performance, not nice at all, it kind of pissed me off.
I don't know why but when I was trying to adjust a cue, selecting it and then "load" Cuelux crashed.
Yesterday during the general rehearsal of the theater performance I used this many many times and everything worked like it should.

So, premiere, everything is going well, I want to take a dimmer channel down, Crash, and then BLACK OUT.
sweaty hour I must say..

but still, what did I do wrong or how can I fix it?

set up: MacBook Pro, BFC2000, 4 zero88 Contour packs.  

(edit: my os is mac os 10.6.4)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:43:11 PM by sandersalden »

October 18, 2010, 03:53:02 PM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
@vnx

Thanks for your feedback. I have just been working on your issues:

1. I have found this problem and fixed it. If you ADD a target to a cuelist its values will be empty. But if you select a existing target and replace it using the CHANGE button it should have worked. The fix will be available in the next release.

2. This seems to work fine over here. Please do set the intensity faders of the cuelist on the desired level before making the stack.

3. Found & fixed.

4. The midi-soft-take-over is a rising star on our todo list. I won't keep you waiting any longer than necessary.

best regards,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 18, 2010, 03:56:17 PM
Reply #7

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
@sandersalden

I am sorry to hear the software let you down. I am trying to find the problem and fix it asap. Do you any more info on when this bug appears?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 18, 2010, 05:13:06 PM
Reply #8

vnx

Hi Maarten,

2. OK, that was my fault ;-) My faders were actually down when I put the cues onto the stack. Works now as expected!

4. "Rising star" sounds very promising! So all my bugging had some positive effect at least ;-)

As always: Many thanks for hearing us and for fixing the bugs so fast!
You should really install a "Donate me a beer" button somewhere ;-)

Best,

Ben
Cuelux 1.03b22 on MacBook Pro (MacOSX 10.6.5) / Thinkpad X41t (WinXP) using Livid Ohm64 Controller

October 18, 2010, 05:33:49 PM
Reply #9

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
As always: Many thanks for hearing us and for fixing the bugs so fast!
You should really install a "Donate me a beer" button somewhere ;-)

When you guys buy a lot CueCables, we'll drink a beer on that ;)
But after all, we should thank you for being so helpful on the forum ;D

October 19, 2010, 01:12:07 AM
Reply #10

vnx

Hi,

I have one more oddity regarding stacks on playback faders: when flashing a fader channel with an ordinary cue the faders do not jump to 100%. When flashing a fader channel with a stack on it the fader jumps to 100% and the faders of the stack cues also shoots to the top.

Also, I have found a scenario that could lead to the embarrassing situations I have described in Topic 4 (jumping faders) all without any external MIDI-Control:

(PF = Playback Fader)

On PF1 and PF2 I have programmed simple dimmer cues that control two spots. On PF8 I have combined them on a stack. All playbacks are set to faderstart. When pushing PF8 to the top the cues on PF1 and PF2 get activated and the faders PF1 and PF2 accordingly also go to 100%. Now I pull down PF1. The cue has stopped. So far so good. Then, I pull down PF8 (the stack fader) just a bit. PF1 shoots up to 100% first and then goes down to the same level PF8 has reached. There you have the "jumping fader" problem on PF1 ;-)

I also tried b14 that just came out. Simply Awsome!

Best,

Ben

October 19, 2010, 09:20:33 AM
Reply #11

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Thanks for the new build 14,
In the moment i only have some small problems with it. Changing the BPM with the mouswheel on Win XP / Win 7  did not work like it should. It steps up and down when you scroll up. So it's hard to scroll fast to the needed value.

And on slow BPM Rates (below 60)  the step Display point jumps between the steps force and back. Looks funny.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk