Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Personality Builder  (Read 8042 times)

October 19, 2010, 06:10:44 PM
Read 8042 times

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Dear all,

As you might already have heard from us, we have been working on a Personality Builder.
I am happy to announce that it can be downloaded from our website.

It is still a Beta release so it might be not that fast as you are used from the Cuelux software but we are still working on this.
Please feel free to ask questions and give feedback about this new software product.

In the upcoming week we will be working on the manual and a tutorial how to use the Personality Builder.

Update:
Dear all,

I am happy to announce that there is a new update (v 1.01.04) available from our website.

Also note our new Youtube Channel, here you can find tutorials regarding the Personality builder.

Best regards,
Maarten, Rick & Bart
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:41:44 AM by Rick Willeme »
Bart van Wunnik

October 25, 2010, 08:18:55 PM
Reply #1

Rayco

Hi Guys,

Thought a bit of feedback early might help.  Have tried this out and it was a bit of a shock to be honest.

I know it is an early beta but the general layout seems very hard to understand, not at all like Cuelux.

A lot of simple things are buried too deep in sub-menus and sub-screens.

It would be much easier if most selections could be made with a double-click, which does not seem to work anywhere.

Hope this helps.

October 27, 2010, 09:03:18 AM
Reply #2

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
it's a really good news to see that the personality builder is now available, but it have to be imprroved to be asgood as cuelux, but it's why it's a beta!
I just tested ita few minuts, but here is 2/3 small things i've seen:
Why it's not possible to add model to a manufacturer that is already in the factory manufacturer list?
It would be great if the chanel number increase automatically when you add a chanel, i mean if you add a first chanel, it will be the number one ok, but after if i add an other one, it shoudl be the 2, but it's still the one, so you have to edit it to put the right chanel number.
And last thing, when you add a chanel once you have choose the kind of parameter it will be you should directly open the "edit" screen, becasue it's long to have to click again on the chanel then edit, when you have to do it anyway for every chanel...
this is just some idea, but i'm sure it will improove the software! ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

October 27, 2010, 09:46:47 AM
Reply #3

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi Rayco,

Thanks for your feedback, it is a bit complicated when you look at it for the first time.
But I am sure that when the manual is done and you have been experimenting with it you will soon get the hang of it.

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your feedback.
It is possible to add a model to the factory manufacturer, but to do so, you have to "copy" it to the user manufacturers.
You can do this by selecting the factory manufacturer and clicking on the ">>" button next to it, this will copy it to the user manufacturer.
Now you are able to change, add or remove models from the manufacturer.
When you added a model you also are able to send the model or manufacturer to us by using the send button.
In Cuelux, the manufacturers that are in the users section of the builder can be found on the bottom of the manufacturers list.

The channel numbers are in some cases automatically increasing, this is done because not all parts have their own channel.
Most of the fixtures have a shared channel for a strobe and a shutter for example, so in any case you have to edit these channels.

It might be a good idea to directly edit the part after adding it to the fixture, this also prevent you from forgetting to edit the part that you have added to the personality.
We also are considering to make it possible to add multiple parts at a time, so you only need to add parts once.

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

October 28, 2010, 10:39:32 AM
Reply #4

Achim

Hello,
I m from Germany and dont speek so good English.
I buy the Cuelux and Im very happy about it.
I test the builder and have a Problem.
I get the Showtec Indigo 4500 Moving Head to my User Models.
When I get my User Model without doing anything on the User Models with Patch in Cuelux from user the 2nd Gobo was not here anymore.
I test it multiple ways but it dont goes.
Can You help me.
Thank You.
Achim

October 28, 2010, 11:01:48 AM
Reply #5

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi Achim,

I can reproduce your problem, I will investigate it further to see what is causing the problem.

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

November 18, 2010, 10:03:51 PM
Reply #6

allan P

Do those person. files work in Visual DMX?

November 19, 2010, 09:03:30 AM
Reply #7

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi sallygar,

Personality files created with the builder only work for Cuelux.
If you need a personality for Visual DMX, please make a personality file request and we will create it for you.

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

December 01, 2010, 06:28:38 PM
Reply #8

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Dear all,

I am happy to announce that there is a new update (v 1.01.04) available from our website.

Also note our new Youtube Channel, here you can find tutorials regarding the Personality builder.

Best regards,
Maarten, Rick & Bart
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:22:32 PM by Bart van Wunnik »

December 09, 2010, 01:21:09 PM
Reply #9

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
the video tutorial is a really good idea, i think i will make some french versions of it because it's a really good way to learn quickly.
But i first need to finish to translate the manual! ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 09, 2010, 01:52:54 PM
Reply #10

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi julien,

Sounds like a great idea, having multi-language videos :)

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

December 22, 2010, 09:37:15 AM
Reply #11

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Hi julien,

Sounds like a great idea, having multi-language videos :)

Regards,
Bart
could you please tell me wich software you use to record your video and get only the active windows?
thanks...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

December 22, 2010, 09:39:39 AM
Reply #12

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi julienlev,

On Mac I use iShowUHD.

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

January 08, 2011, 12:40:56 PM
Reply #13

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 08, 2011, 07:34:59 PM
Reply #14

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi julienlev,

Looks good :)
To bad that I can not understand French :)

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk