Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Urgent: Major Bug in my Project File  (Read 5121 times)

October 20, 2010, 06:06:10 AM
Read 5121 times

Michaelmoore83

• Intense Sound & Lighting LLC
Hello,
I am experiencing issues with my emulation project file. With all of the cue-lists off and all the faders down, my dmx monitor is still showing outgoing values to my scanners. When I plug my lights in, my lights get stuck with a rotating gobo wheel, and they are just generally unstable. What I think is happening is the program is sending dmx values to my lights on their own, and I have no idea why. I have been using this program for some months now, and I don't believe this is user error. I also have some time in programming my file, and don't want to loose the work I have put it. I sent a copy of my file and this message to support@visualproductions.com, and it came back returned. What is the correct email address I can send this file to?

Please note:
I have already triple checked my dmx address on the fixtures.
I have changed the dmx address in the program as well as the fixture, doesn't fix the problem.
I have deleted the program off of my computer, and removed the folders attached to it, and after I re-install a fresh version, it happens after I open my project file.

I am at a job right now, and rather than being able to control my lights I have to put them all in sound active to get me by. I need my file "de-bugged" as soon as possible.

I am using Emulation on Mac OSX 10.6

Thank you,
Michael Moore
Intense Sound & Lighting LLC
267-872-7791
Michaelmoore83@mac.com

Emulation 1.3.36 on Mac OS X 10.8.2
Controllers: Livid OHM RGB, "new iPad", Korg Nanokontol

October 20, 2010, 09:00:08 AM
Reply #1

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Michael

I hope one of my colleagues can help you shortly but in the meantime can you please email support(at)visualproductions(dot)nl
we do not have the dot com for this address!

Thank you, greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

October 20, 2010, 09:52:14 AM
Reply #2

Michaelmoore83

Zoe, Thank you for your quick response. I sent my file to the correct email address. I really hope your team can figure out what went wrong with my project file. I run lights a few nights a week, so it really is important that we figure this out sooner than later.

Thanks
Mike

October 20, 2010, 10:19:50 AM
Reply #3

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hey Michael,

I just have sent you a email :)

Greetings, Rick

October 21, 2010, 03:01:50 AM
Reply #4

Michaelmoore83

Hi Rick,
I received your email, and wrote you back. If you could check the personality file for my trackspots that would great, I need to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike

October 21, 2010, 10:04:45 PM
Reply #5

Michaelmoore83

Hi Rick,
I responded to your email again, I also posted a youtube video showing you my problem. Please let me know when you and your team can figure out what is happening to me.

Thank you

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXjx4hXhkfU

October 22, 2010, 12:05:11 AM
Reply #6

Michaelmoore83

After spending some serious time monkeying around, I figured it out!

If I offset the dmx channel of the fixture in the program by 1, the fixture all of sudden behaves correctly. For example, if I set the fixture to dmx channel 78, and set the dmx channel in the patch menu to 79 they work correctly.

Now. . How did this happen? and how do we fix it!?

October 22, 2010, 01:57:29 AM
Reply #7

TAHS

Hello Mike,

I think it's more a HighEnd thing and not a CueLux bug. (personality-file looks OK)
With a +1 DMX-channel offset, the gobo-wheel gets the preset-value ("127" is HOME-position) from the Tilt.
The best thing is to keep this in mind and always set your start DMX-channel in Cuelux with a offset from +1

Is there a option to test one TrackSpot with a normal desk ?
With Best Regards,
Marten

October 22, 2010, 03:53:34 AM
Reply #8

Michaelmoore83

I've been using the same setup for a while now, and the dmx addresses have always lined up with the patch menu of the program. no problem. Which means something in the software has changed.  Offsetting the patch menu by 1 would get me through a night, but this is not what I want to be my long term solution.

I have tested my trackspots with a hardware controller, and it works as expected and nothing needs to be offset. Can someone please let me know what I have to do to get the program's patch menu to properly line up with my fixtures?

Can someone use my project file and import a fixture that they have and see if it lines up or not?

My next lighting job is on tuesday, and I need this corrected by then,

Thank you
Mike

October 22, 2010, 06:48:10 AM
Reply #9

TAHS

Hello Mike,

Feel free to sent me your file by email, I hope to find some time today to see what happens.
Can you also sent me your:  C:\Users\your windows account name\Documents\Visual Productions\Cuelux\options.xml

Which version from Cuelux are you using ?
With Best Regards,
Marten

October 22, 2010, 08:28:54 AM
Reply #10

Michaelmoore83

I sent both my project file and my options file to you.
I am using Emulation version 1.02 Build 14 on Mac OS X version 10.6

Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Thanks,
Mike

October 22, 2010, 08:46:11 AM
Reply #11

Michaelmoore83

Okay after more and more troubleshooting, I think I've narrowed the problem down even more.

I've deleted both the emulation application, and the emulation folder on my computer. I've installed a fresh copy of 1.02 build 14 (which used to work fine for me)

I created a brand new project file (never opening any existing ones) and patched a trackspot fixture, and assigned it to the dmx channel of the fixture and the problem is STILL THERE!

This makes me think, that their has to be a file somewhere on my computer other than the Emulation directory that has the bug in it, and when I delete everything and reinstall new versions and work on new files, that this file is still being referenced in some way.

I hope this helps you help me.

Thanks,
Mike

October 22, 2010, 09:12:31 AM
Reply #12

Michaelmoore83

WOW! ! ! ! !

So It looks like I completely figured this out. .

I've been using a consistent setup for some time now. In between jobs, we had to reassign the dmx address on the trackspots. The first time I did this, I referenced the .pdf for the fixture. This last time we referenced the address screen in the patch menu. It ends up the address screen suggested that dipswitches be in the close, but wrong positions! So I happen to double check the trackspot manual and its ends up it was off by a switch, which would explain the "off-setting". Everything appears to be working fine now.

I will email you guys the manual for the trackspots so we can fix the address screen in the patch menu for this fixture.

I want to thank everyone for their help. I think it's great that users can contact the developed so easily in situations like this.

Thanks again,
Mike

October 22, 2010, 09:32:51 AM
Reply #13

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hey Michael,

I'm glad we figured this out! I was getting really confused.

I look forward to your email. I have a manual of the Trackspot, but maybe yours is more up to date.

When you're still experiencing more problem, don't hesitate to contact us by forum/email. We're there for you :D

Greetings,
Rick

October 22, 2010, 02:39:46 PM
Reply #14

TAHS

Hello Mike,

It's great news to hear that you have found the problem... ;)

Whit some products you have to keep this in mind...
If all DIP-switches are off, the fixture-address is "001"
There are some apps what set the DIP-switches (like the remote from Cuelux)...
ore here: http://www.theatrix.net/main/dip.htm
but they start with zero when all DIP-switches are off.
With Best Regards,
Marten

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk