Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Strobe / Blinder Question and some more ...  (Read 2775 times)

January 24, 2011, 02:13:41 PM
Read 2775 times

henryklein

1. When adding fixtures to the "strobe" group HOW can I adjust the levels of the fixtures not to have only the highest speed strobe?

2. Same thing for the Blinders which will be MH in my setup and I want them to move their head towards the audience.

3. Wizard made chases seem to "disorder" the fixtures of the same group, not going from 1st to last one.

4. Where can I find the BlackOut Key on the PC keyboard?

5. I own aBehringer BCF2000 what has built in Buttons in the upper row encoders if you push them. Can I link these buttons (whatever they fold as midi message, no problem for me to edit them) to the upper Play buttons in cuelux. And how?

6. Could somebody describe how it would be best to program the faders and buttons? Should I pack colors on the buttons, or moves.

I own

- 8 LED TCL PAR 64
- 4 LED PAR 64
- 8 LED Bars Eurolite 252/10
- 4 EUROLITE LED TMH-4 Wash 36 x 1
- 6 Profile Lights with Dimmer
- Fog Machine

and would like to preset the system for a light operator just easy to manage a light show without having to know how to program.

Alle these questions are "pre purchase". I worked with cuelux these days for about 50 hours to decide if it is right for me.

tia

Henry

January 24, 2011, 04:13:37 PM
Reply #1

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Henry,

1. When adding fixtures to the "strobe" group HOW can I adjust the levels of the fixtures not to have only the highest speed strobe?
When you are using the global stobe, it always triggers the highest speed strobe from your fixture. If you want to set custom values, you also can record these values to a playback fader and use the flash button.

2. Same thing for the Blinders which will be MH in my setup and I want them to move their head towards the audience.
Same as strobe, but you can also record the positioning of the MHs in the same cuelist (at the playback fader).

3. Wizard made chases seem to "disorder" the fixtures of the same group, not going from 1st to last one.
Cuelux remembers the order of the selection, so make sure you select them in the right order. When they are still disordered, make sure the order is okay in the group and you did select the right order in the Wizard.

4. Where can I find the BlackOut Key on the PC keyboard?
At this moment, there is no BlackOut button. We've considered it, but we couldn't find a suitable key for it. Do you have a suggestion? ;)

5. I own aBehringer BCF2000 what has built in Buttons in the upper row encoders if you push them. Can I link these buttons (whatever they fold as midi message, no problem for me to edit them) to the upper Play buttons in cuelux. And how?
They are already used for resetting the speed/attack. But you can always change them :) Just take a look at the Behringer midimap..

6. Could somebody describe how it would be best to program the faders and buttons? Should I pack colors on the buttons, or moves.

I own

- 8 LED TCL PAR 64
- 4 LED PAR 64
- 8 LED Bars Eurolite 252/10
- 4 EUROLITE LED TMH-4 Wash 36 x 1
- 6 Profile Lights with Dimmer
- Fog Machine

and would like to preset the system for a light operator just easy to manage a light show without having to know how to program.
Personally, I put the dimmers/strobes/shapes on the playback faders and the colors/gobos on the playback buttons. It really depends on the personal needs.

Best regards,
Rick

January 26, 2011, 11:30:52 PM
Reply #2

henryklein

Hi Rick and thx 4 the answer.

I will manage my faders/buttons as you told in #5.

#1 Strobe: I gues I can edit the fixture file to adjust the "high strobe" value to the wanted speed. as a workaround. But unfortunately there is also NO color given from Cuelux to the fixture (neither the MHs nor the connected RBG color changers). So this global strobe function is not useful unless you have a strobe machine. Are you willing to change something in this case?

Have other users realized this behaviour, too?

#2 Blinder. I would love it a lot to have an option to adjust the channel levels for the Blinder global. Maybe it could be a "special" blinder scene in the cuelist instead of the blinder group. Thanks for thinking it over.

#3 Disorder: Hope I will get my copy of Cuelux tomorrow to check it online with connected fixtures.

#4 BO: YMMD ... what about the Numpad's 0, +, ENTER or any other of the unused keys. I know it's always hard to decide ;)

#5 Setup: THX, I will give that a try.

Cheers,

Henry

January 27, 2011, 10:44:16 AM
Reply #3

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Henry,

#1 Strobe: I gues I can edit the fixture file to adjust the "high strobe" value to the wanted speed. as a workaround. But unfortunately there is also NO color given from Cuelux to the fixture (neither the MHs nor the connected RBG color changers). So this global strobe function is not useful unless you have a strobe machine. Are you willing to change something in this case?
Changing the personality is another way to do it, but I don't think it's the most easiest way.
I'm not sure what you mean with Cuelux isn't giving a color to a fixture.
The global strobe isn't only usefull when you have a strobe. You also can add a MH with strobe function to this group.
For more info about globals, please take a look at page 21 of the manual.

#4 BO: YMMD ... what about the Numpad's 0, +, ENTER or any other of the unused keys. I know it's always hard to decide ;)
Those keys already will be used in dialogs and they are very easy to hit. The least thing you want is a accidental Black-Out. ;)

Regards,
Rick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk