Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Presets for BCF2000  (Read 7349 times)

November 22, 2010, 01:14:53 AM
Read 7349 times

lynx

Hello,
I recently added a BCF2000 to my Cuelux. Done everything latest firmware mididrivers. Everything seems to work fine.
I downloaded a presetfile that was posted a while ago. This works fine i think. When i move the faders in cuelux the faders of the BCF2000
follow every move. So far so good. The problem with the presetfile is that i don't know the setup or configuration of this file. Mayby you can help me out..

Is their a presetfile for the BCF2000 so i can use the BCF2000 as a cuelux lightcontroller. I mean a complete preset with al the functions you guys set up in the cuelux software.

Thank you for your help.
Rene.

November 22, 2010, 08:25:09 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
i think what you are looking for is on the last pages of the cuelux manual. You will find apicture of the BCF2000 with the explanation of what each key do. ;)
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

November 22, 2010, 11:35:02 AM
Reply #2

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Lynx and Julien,

It's right that you can find the layout of the BCF2000 at the back of the manual. But I'll also add it to this post.
Note that you also can edit the layout to your personal needs.

For more info about Cuelux&BCF2000, you can take a look at this thread

November 22, 2010, 01:46:29 PM
Reply #3

lynx

Hello Rick and Julian

Thats the treat i used. But its from 09 so mayby their is someone that made a new file. Or is this file still up to date.
The layout that you talk about is this the setup  to the file.

I must say your reactions are helpfull and quick. Your forum is a forum that really works, with really good feedback
Should be a exampke to other forums, Super.

Thanks, Rene

November 22, 2010, 02:05:29 PM
Reply #4

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Rene,

Thats the treat i used. But its from 09 so mayby their is someone that made a new file. Or is this file still up to date.
The layout that you talk about is this the setup  to the file.
The file and the instructions are still up to date. If you wish to have some changes in your midi-map, we can make a custom one for you.

I must say your reactions are helpfull and quick. Your forum is a forum that really works, with really good feedback
Should be a exampke to other forums, Super.

Thanks, Rene
Thank you for your complements. It is really nice to see how many people come back to this forum every single day. The growing community of international users and customers really help make our forum special; sharing their hands on experience with our products and helping us to support everyone. :)

November 22, 2010, 08:45:37 PM
Reply #5

lynx

Thanks,
It would be great if every function thats imbedded in Cuelux can be controled by the BCF2000.
I don't know if this is possible but then you would really have a great setup.
All the fine tunning and programming is done by the Cuelux software and live contrll is handeled by
the BCF2000. Also a good alternative for having a analoge feel.
But again i have no idea if this is possible and how much time it will take.

Rene.

November 23, 2010, 09:24:22 AM
Reply #6

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Rene,

You can control a lot of things via MIDI, but therefore you need to edit your midi-map. When you take a look at the Generic midi-map, you'll see all the actions that can be used.

Gr,
Rick

November 23, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
Reply #7

lynx

Hi Rick,

Thanks but ii am very new to midi so i need all the help i can get. I viewed the Behiringer file in the midimaps.
It was a lot of abacadabra vor me, sorry  :o

So any help is welcome.

Rene.

November 24, 2010, 09:15:42 AM
Reply #8

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Rene,

No problem. When you need help with this, I'll help you :)

Are there any changes you want to make to the midimap?

Gr,
Rick

November 24, 2010, 01:28:04 PM
Reply #9

lynx

Hi rick,

My main problem is that i don't understand what i am reading. Maybe i should firts get more in to midi before i ask you to help me out.
I would like to set up the BCF2000 so that it can control all the functions of Cuelux. So all the knobs and faders you guys put in Cuelux must be controlled by the BCF2000. I don't care about which Knob controls what function, this layout is not important to me.
Mayby you can explain to me how i set  up a midi-note for a function. I think if i know this i can go furter trying to find the right notes for the different functions. I don't care if its a trail and error thing, this is the only way to learn.

Thnx Rene.

November 24, 2010, 01:41:29 PM
Reply #10

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Rene,

No problem :)

Short explanation. When you press a button on the BCF, the BCF sends an action, a CC note and a value. When you define that CC note in the midimap, Cuelux can react on it.

The layout only tells you which functions are linked to which button/fader by default.

When you have questions, I'll help you.

Gr,
Rick

November 25, 2010, 11:40:52 PM
Reply #11

lynx

Hi Rick,

THat much i understand. What software do i need to make the CC notes visable.
And how do i put this information in the midifile and make the connectieon to a specific action in Cuelux.
But i think its the other way around, I need a midinote from a action when i use a function in Cuelux and when i know the values i need to put this in the midifile from the BCF2000. Is their a easy way to set this up.
Grtz Rene

November 29, 2010, 12:09:07 PM
Reply #12

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Rene,

To make CC notes visible, you can use MidiOx (for Windows) or Midi Monitor (for MacOS).
When you press a button on the BCF, data will show up in the software. You need to put the CC note (Data1) in the index part of the midimap.

Eventually, it works like this:
BCF Press button   --- CC note + Data -->   Midimap   --- Action -->   Cuelux

November 29, 2010, 12:59:09 PM
Reply #13

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
Just to clarify:

There are 2 important types of MIDI data:

- Note (on/off) with note-number and velocity (= pressure value on a MIDI-keyboard)
- Controller Change (CC), with CC-number and value (for example, each fader on a BCF sends out a different CC-number with the value of the fader

For most applications, a hardware button will send a Note, and a fader or rotary-encoder sends out a CC.
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

November 30, 2010, 12:25:48 AM
Reply #14

lynx

Thanks

I think this is going to be a christmas holiday project  ;)
I hope i can figure it out

Rene

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk