Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Sunstrip Active programmeren  (Read 3687 times)

December 31, 2010, 04:14:28 PM
Read 3687 times

Nick_DB

Hello,

I i'm using the Showtec Sunstrip Active blinders (4 pieces at the moment) and I can find the fixture in the VisualDMX libary but i don't know how to program some chases? The Sunstrips have 10 DMX channels I want to use all these chanels and I would like to program and save some nice chases, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHOvF_AE-0I

It must be very easy to program some chases I think but don't know how to do this.

I really hope there is somebody here who can tell me step-by-step how to create this? Or maybe a moderator can help me.
Excuse me I'am very new with DMX and VisualDMX.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

January 03, 2011, 04:37:00 PM
Reply #1

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi Nick,

To make a chase with these fixtures, you have to select all the sub fixtures.
Then you can start a chase from the Chase tab.
With the "Phase-Shift" you can make waves etc.

In the left down corner of Visual DMX you can open the Subs tab, right click and select "All".
Then go to the Team tab, right click again and click "Add, include current selection"

Now you only have to select the Team that you would like to use, click a dimmer Chase, and click start.

When you right click the chase that you are running you can change the timing setting to Clock, with this set, you can use the Speed fader to set the chase speed.
Now play around with the Phase-shift to create a wave for example.
Once you get the hang of it, you can open the chase in the sequence editor and start modifying it to create your own.

Please give it a try and let me know ;)

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

January 03, 2011, 09:16:36 PM
Reply #2

Nick_DB

Hi Bart,

I will try it later this week and send you a message back!

Thanks for the fast answer!

Best regards,

Nick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk