Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Midi Message List  (Read 5813 times)

January 20, 2011, 01:04:04 PM
Reply #15

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Ok, so i think should buy some of these motorfaders. Than i could start to develop the motor control part. To detect the buttons and turn in the LEDs is easy. And the Display thing is not important for the first start i thing. I have a 2 x 16 characters here to try a bit. One Display for each fader is nice to have. But i thing a bit expensive and there i no feature in cuelux to control them. But it could be added later when the the normal functions are working.

For the frontpanel a desklight would be good.

January 21, 2011, 01:32:59 PM
Reply #16

Joost

Nice idea only it looks a bit expensive for a system like Cuelux (around 700-1000 euro?). With such money already systems like Chamsys wings get more interesting (no offense Cuelux guys  ;D).

I actually had the same idea a while ago and after some brain storming came up with this. Still needs the program section, but have not enough time at the moment to continue with it all.

My idea consists of standard (no motor) faders, 7 segment displays for choosing a bank for every set of 8 faders and rotaries on each channel, flash+go+release buttons for each fader channel. Above each fader also a set of 8 go/release and flash/release  buttons for button playback section. I have some idea's about programming section already.

I wanted to keep it affordable (thats why no motor faders, lcds, etc) and its a modular system. Means every bank of 8 channels is a separate module. User can choose 8, 16 of 24 channel design where the program section will always remain the same. Kept in mind when designing was Cuelux filosophy: simple, easy, and affordable.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:35:56 PM by Joost »

January 21, 2011, 04:39:30 PM
Reply #17

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Hi Joost,

you are right. Design with Display and Motorfaders are expensive. But it could be used for other aplication as well. Simple is always great. I think your modular design is good point. And ist's easy to build. Faders, LEDs, Buttons and 7 segment displays should be no problem to get linked to midi. For the rotaries you should think about a visual feedback. Would be helpfull, but you need lot more LEDs. So more costs. The best thing would be if one Controller could manage one panel and communicate with the midi interface. Them you could easy link more together.

January 21, 2011, 06:55:49 PM
Reply #18

Svet

Behringer is selling BCF-2000 for under $200.00 with motorised faders and rotaries with LEDs...
You don't have to circumsize your great idea because of the high price if initial components - you can find better source later.
Modular design - great concept.

Svet

January 21, 2011, 09:10:36 PM
Reply #19

Joost

Hi Svet,

I dont totally agree with your point of view. First of all, and this is just hypothetical, will this be a selling product, the quantities are not compared with Behringer. Behringer is a enormous consumer of electric  components. Therefore, component quentities for such a midi wing will be quite low, thus price relative expensive. Second, price of motor faders compared with standard will allways be like 3-4 times more expensive also in big quantities ( hence not al cheapl sound/light devices have motoized faders). Same with other components. Further more, most likely Behringer products will be produced/assembled in Azian countries.

But indeed, start-up, prototype, development, etc  is allways costly concern.

Joost

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk