Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Midi Message List  (Read 6780 times)

January 19, 2011, 11:29:19 AM
Read 6780 times

ullix

Hi

Is ist possible to get a complete midi message list for Cuelux? I´m thinking about making a own remote controller. So I need to know what information could be send and recieved in Cuelux.

Greetings
Stefan Ullrich

January 19, 2011, 11:36:57 AM
Reply #1

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Stefan,

Attached is an overview of the generic.xml midimap in Cuelux. Please take a look at the generic.xml midimap for the correct syntax :)

Regards,
Rick

January 19, 2011, 11:57:15 AM
Reply #2

ullix

Hi Rick

I´ve read the generic.xml before but I would like to know the features in the software. Cause there are many features you can use with the elation controller (something like the rotary encoders) but this features arent enough for me.
So I would like to build a controller which has more functions for the programmer window or the patch window. And it should look like cuelux on screen.

I´m thinking of a included Joystic, Motorfaders, Dmx Out LED´s, Programmer Rotarys with LED Rings for each function, select features and a lot of playback buttons with LED signals ....

January 19, 2011, 12:15:18 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Ok, we'll post an updated version of the PDF here when we have added new features that can be controlled by MIDI.

So will this be the first 'Cuelux Wing' ? sounds like a cool idea...
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 19, 2011, 12:22:54 PM
Reply #4

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Did you already have made some designs? :)

January 19, 2011, 12:44:52 PM
Reply #5

ullix

I´m currently designing the desk but I think its better to have all possible messages first.

January 19, 2011, 03:40:26 PM
Reply #6

ullix

Hi

I´ve made a little design of a desk. Maybe it´s possible to build something like that. I think it´s possible to use the midibox platform for all of the Buttons, faders and rotarys and the displays. Especially USB for Trackball an Joystick.

Stefan

http://www.swing-and-dance.de/desk.pdf
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:44:00 PM by ullix »

January 19, 2011, 03:43:25 PM
Reply #7

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl

January 19, 2011, 03:44:27 PM
Reply #8

ullix

Sorry I´ve updated the link

January 19, 2011, 03:51:22 PM
Reply #10

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
That looks really nice!  ;D

January 20, 2011, 09:30:11 AM
Reply #11

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
It looks nice. I want one ;-) But i think i would like to make the midi things with own µC and self programmend software.

January 20, 2011, 11:04:09 AM
Reply #12

ullix

Maybe we can do it together. I´m a mechanical designer so its easy for me to build hardware but I´m not a programmer so I have to use available Code and Functions.

January 20, 2011, 12:23:40 PM
Reply #13

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Would be a nice project. In the Moment i haven't done something with midi. With an old school midi interface it should be not so difficult. Midi over USB it would be better. but takes more time.
I think it would be the best to build it modular. One µC for controlling the faders, one for LEDs, Buttons and Encoders. And one Master µC for Display and communication. Perhaps when that is working it could be merged in two or down to one µC. And you could change the communication easy from midi ports to usb later.

I work in a company that makes electronic designs. So it would be no problem to make layouts and asemble them. I prefer Atmel AVR Tiny and Mega µC. Cheap and easy to handle.

When you can make the mechanical parts like frontpannel and housing it could be done.

January 20, 2011, 12:36:56 PM
Reply #14

ullix

Yes thats possible I have the posibility to build housing, frontpannel or other milling work.

A modular System is the best way, I think so, too. Cause we can build the controller step by step and testing it. So it´s easy to find failures or adding new functions in future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk