Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Fresh notes on 1.03.25  (Read 10287 times)

January 21, 2011, 09:56:13 AM
Read 10287 times

Svet

Hi everybody.
I installed today 1.03.25
Got it straight from Elation friends, it's still not available for download.
Had big problem - same as KnowSumber - all generic fixtures disappeared from the patch.
Erasing of the Factory folder did not help.
BUT I FOUND THE PROBLEM!
Did anybody checked "generic" file in the 1.03.25 installer?
It's not a personality file, it is generic MIDI MAP!!!
That why program does not recognise it!
The worse thing is that program rewrites your show file without this patch, so even when you fix "generic"
file you still have to redo the patching. Very annoing...
Couple more notes:
On renaming function you have to hit backspace key for every letter you want to erase. Very annoing...
If you hold Shift the Space bar does not work.
High End Techno Beam Iris still has problems - iris is working normal now, but fixture goes into gobo shake by default and you cannot
get rid of it. I tried to fix it in the builder - no success. By the way, it shows a lot of overlapped parameters in the builder.
IMPORTANT
I discussed this with Elation guys and they totally agree: in the cue timing parameters you missing Hold.
For example if you want to make a looped cuelist with three cues 10 sec each the most logical way is to put all cues on "follow" and put 10 sec Hold time. Right now you cannot do this. I found a way to do it, but it's like scratching your left ear with your right foot...
Please think about it, it's very important. It has to be between Fade in and Fade Out.
By the way it is a great idea to have "to do" list published on the forum. It will give all of us more hope...

Best, Svet.

January 21, 2011, 02:45:17 PM
Reply #1

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Svet,

First of all; thank you for your great feedback and I'm very sorry about your problems with our new release.

Had big problem - same as KnowSumber - all generic fixtures disappeared from the patch.
Erasing of the Factory folder did not help.
BUT I FOUND THE PROBLEM!
Did anybody checked "generic" file in the 1.03.25 installer?
It's not a personality file, it is generic MIDI MAP!!!
That why program does not recognise it!
Found the problem on our fileserver. Reverted it back to the personality file.

The worse thing is that program rewrites your show file without this patch, so even when you fix "generic"
file you still have to redo the patching. Very annoing...
We've heard this several times before. We're still looking for a suitable solution for this.
Also is recommended to make backups of your showfile before making changes in the software or updating the software.

Couple more notes:
On renaming function you have to hit backspace key for every letter you want to erase. Very annoing...
I've put this on the todo-list :)

If you hold Shift the Space bar does not work.
This is a known issue. This is already on the buglist :)

High End Techno Beam Iris still has problems - iris is working normal now, but fixture goes into gobo shake by default and you cannot
get rid of it. I tried to fix it in the builder - no success. By the way, it shows a lot of overlapped parameters in the builder.
Going to take a look at it now..

IMPORTANT
I discussed this with Elation guys and they totally agree: in the cue timing parameters you missing Hold.
For example if you want to make a looped cuelist with three cues 10 sec each the most logical way is to put all cues on "follow" and put 10 sec Hold time. Right now you cannot do this. I found a way to do it, but it's like scratching your left ear with your right foot...
Please think about it, it's very important. It has to be between Fade in and Fade Out.
In stead of a Hold-time, I think you also can use the Delay-time for this.

By the way it is a great idea to have "to do" list published on the forum. It will give all of us more hope...
Some other users had the same thought, but we're still arguing about this ;)

Best,
Rick

January 21, 2011, 05:50:17 PM
Reply #2

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi there,

I'd take a look at the personality file, but I only needed to change a few values.
The cause was the Function-option in Cuelux.
We corrected that now.

Version 1.03.26 will be released this evening :)

January 21, 2011, 06:28:57 PM
Reply #3

Svet

Dear Rick,
I am happy to hear about build 26 coming tonight, but my problem is that it will be ??? until I will get an Emulation version.
Elation web site still has build 22. I remember all discussions regarding Cuelux / Emulation issues, but if you decided to keep them different maybe somebody can take care about timely updates for Emulation? Bug fixes needs to be installed as soon as they are available...
Regarding Hold and Delay times: Just try to do it using Delay time... As I said before this is very not natural.
I am very curious how you will do that... :o

One more bug (maybe it's not new) - when you trying to edit fixed color for moving head in the cue editor it will go to the color picker.
You have to cancel, otherwise it will crash the software.

Best, Svet

January 24, 2011, 01:57:14 PM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Svet,

We have forwarded the new release to the guys at Elation, so I'm sure it will be online soon.

I know some boards work with a fade and hold time. We work with a separate fade in and fade out time plus the delay time; this similar to hog/grandma/compulite/martin/etc (especially if you treat our 'delay' as 'wait' time, but that we'll fix in the future.. it's just a name thing). Both ways allow you to easily program your example cuelist.

We have chosen for the hog/grandma/compulite/martin/etc way of doing the timings because we see an advantage in being able to split timings in different fade in and fade out times. This system also allows us support individual parameter timing in the future.

cheers,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 24, 2011, 03:37:59 PM
Reply #5

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
One more bug (maybe it's not new) - when you trying to edit fixed color for moving head in the cue editor it will go to the color picker.
You have to cancel, otherwise it will crash the software.

We've already experienced the same problem. I've added it to the Builder bug-list.

January 24, 2011, 06:08:37 PM
Reply #6

Svet

Hi Maarten.
Regarding Delay and Hold time - I don't ask you to remove Delay, I am asking to add Hold.
Please give me an example how to do what I need to do -- three (or more ) cues following each other every 10 sec (or 5, or 26 - whatever). As I said before I found a way how to do it, but it is really weird way. Maybe you will give me better idea.
                Old way not always the best way ::)...

Cheers,
Svet.

January 24, 2011, 07:54:26 PM
Reply #7

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
In Cuelux, the Delay Time specifies the time before the cue starts fading in. Just make 3 cues in a cuelist, with for example 1 sec fade in, 1 sec fade out, and 10 sec delay for each cue. The first cue will wait 10 secs, then fade in 1 second, then 10 seconds later the second cue starts fading, etc.
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

January 25, 2011, 08:31:48 AM
Reply #8

Svet

Weird... It did not work like this before... but it does now in build 26.
Thank you anyway, probably I was wrong. Now your Delay time is working actually as Hold time.
It is just very strange to see Cue 1 when the program tells you that it's executing Cue 2... kinda confusing :(...

Another question - I had an impression that if you put Stack on a fader you can change intensity of stacked cues. Is this possible?

January 25, 2011, 09:04:49 AM
Reply #9

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Another question - I had an impression that if you put Stack on a fader you can change intensity of stacked cues. Is this possible?
Yes, that's possible. Note that the stack also records the value of the fader. So don't forget to put up the fader before stacking it :)

January 25, 2011, 01:18:41 PM
Reply #10

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
It is just very strange to see Cue 1 when the program tells you that it's executing Cue 2... kinda confusing :(...
That's because DELAY actually delays the fade in of the cue it's set for. ;D
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

January 25, 2011, 05:55:07 PM
Reply #11

Svet

Insert Quote
Quote from: Svet on January 25, 2011, 08:31:48 AMAnother question - I had an impression that if you put Stack on a fader you can change intensity of stacked cues. Is this possible?

Yes, that's possible. Note that the stack also records the value of the fader. So don't forget to put up the fader before stacking it

Dear Rick, can you check it please? It's probably a bug - it does change the faders, but not the actual DMX values, it's just triggers the cues.

January 25, 2011, 06:06:02 PM
Reply #12

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
Hi Svet,

I've checked it, but here it works fine.

This is what I do:
- I patch 4 Generic dimmers
- For each dimmer, I put the dimmer fader up and record it on a playback fader.
- Now I have 4 playback faders recorded
- I put the faders on 100%, 75%, 50% and 25%
- I hit Stack, select the 4 playback faders, hit record and put it on a new playback fader.
- A new stack appears
- When I move the fader of the stack, you'll see that the other playback faders are moving too (relative)
- When you run the stack, there's DMX output :)

Hope this helps!  ;D

Br,
Rick

January 27, 2011, 11:53:37 AM
Reply #13

Michaelmoore83

• Intense Sound & Lighting LLC
I too am an Emulation user. On their website they are only on build 22. How does one go about getting their hands on the new build? Is there a link posted somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Emulation 1.3.36 on Mac OS X 10.8.2
Controllers: Livid OHM RGB, "new iPad", Korg Nanokontol

January 27, 2011, 12:13:32 PM
Reply #14

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
I installed today 1.03.25
Got it straight from Elation friends, it's still not available for download.

I'm not sure how, but I think he got it from the Elation/Emulation forum..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk