Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Windmachines composition - questions from an absolute beginner  (Read 1399 times)

January 24, 2011, 11:55:46 PM
Read 1399 times

Christine Biehler

I never worked with DMX controlling before nor with any lightsystem and the cuelux manual, you know, is not very detailed.

I need very basic help through the forum, because I obviously don’t understand parts of the cuelux system, you advised me for my art project.
My desperate efforts make me doubting if I have chosen the right tool.

Szenario:
Imagine 8 fans, which can be dimmed up and down with cuelux.(Thanks for the fixture)
These eight fans are moving large curtains for at least 60 minutes in a very precisely composed order with about 5 changes of intensity in a minute each.

Trained in videoediting I drew a timeline for the composition, where I see what each fan has to do in each second.

Now I have to transfer this to cuelists.
What is the way to do???

Do I  have to program a cuelist for each fan for one hour, that would mean 300 cues each?  That can not be a solution.
Or:  shall I divide in 10 minutes sequences?
If so, how can I fix the order, the chronology of that 48 sequences, that means which cuelists start at minute 0, which at minute 10, etc.?

How can I see the parallel structure, that e.g. fan no 3 and 4 are not working in minute 10 and 11? Do I have to work with banks here?

There is no live situation during the curtainshow, where anybody can press go-buttoms or faders. Signing cuelists to faders seems to make only sense for tests for me?
The whole show  - 8 parallel fixtures, all moving differently at the same time - has to be recorded on my new DMX Recorder. How?

Thanks in advance for your help and for being patient.

Christine

January 25, 2011, 09:06:12 AM
Reply #1

Bart van Wunnik

• CompYouServ
Hi Christine,

I could help you with programming the wind machines, to do so I would like to have the Time line that you have created and I would like to have the DMX layout of the fan's (so which fan is on which DMX address). (You can send this information to: bart [at] visualproductions [dot] nl)

You could also take a look at our YouTube channel, I've made a few Cuelux tutorials that might get you going.

About your second question, I think that it might be best to solve this issue as soon as you have your Cuelists up and running.

Regards,
Bart
Bart van Wunnik

January 25, 2011, 11:57:38 AM
Reply #2

Christine Biehler

Great! Thank you for your offer!

I will send you the timeline and DMX layout as soon as I am in germany again  -  in about a week.
The tutorials I know already, no problems with the things you explained there.

looking forward for professional advice

Til soon

Christine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk