Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: More MIDI programming  (Read 8406 times)

January 26, 2011, 11:33:51 PM
Read 8406 times

henryklein

what is the command for feeding back the playback state of the actual used buttons of the bank?

I found a command for "direct buttons"

<action>
                    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Direct Button 40 State</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Midi" function ="Control APC40">
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 7 - Message 09 - Index 57</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
                </action>

and would like to modify it for my needs.

tia,

Henry

January 27, 2011, 10:48:40 AM
Reply #1

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
The APC40 needs a special syntax, so I think it will be useless for you.

This code will also do it :)
Code: [Select]
                <action>
                    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Fader 1 Active</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Midi" function ="Control">
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 31</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
</action>

January 27, 2011, 11:12:18 AM
Reply #2

henryklein

thx Rick,

but that seems to be the state feedback command for FADER. The one I urgently need is for the upper Play BUTTONS.

tia,

Henry

January 27, 2011, 11:20:46 AM
Reply #3

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
For the playback buttons, this will do the job:

<action>
                    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Button 01 Active</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 1 - Message 11 - Index 100</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
</action>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:24:34 AM by Rick Willeme »

January 29, 2011, 03:03:39 PM
Reply #4

henryklein

Please let me know the sythax of the following command I took from the ELATION xml:

<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel X - Message 9 - Index 8</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Programmer Page" function ="Set">
                            <argument type="Unsigned">7</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
            </action>
            <action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Down">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 9</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <!--<task type="Selection" feature="Wiggle" function ="Control"/>-->
                        <!--<task type="Global Fog" feature="ButtonPrimair" function ="Control"/>-->
                  <task type="Selection" feature="Clear" function ="Set"/>

</tasks>
            </action>

does the button on the remote make TWO commands in brackets (Wiggle + Fog)?

What does Wiggle stand for?

<!--<action>

.......  </action>-->

What does this "action" command stand for? In the ELATION xml are some different actions covered in these commands.

tia,

Henry

January 29, 2011, 03:51:50 PM
Reply #5

Jeroen van der Velden

• http://www.visualproductions.nl
<!-- .....   --> = comment in XML, so any XML in between is not being parsed/used. Just remove the <!-- and --> and the action will be used. Simple way to (temporarily) remove an item!

In your example, there are 3 "tasks" already inserted, but 2 of 3 are commented (not used). You can change that by simply moving the comment start- and endtag!
Jeroen van der Velden
Moving light operator

January 31, 2011, 09:45:33 AM
Reply #6

henryklein

Thanks Jeroen. That helps a lot. So I can comment my own MIDI XML file for remembering what I was intended to do. To be serious I have no knowledge about XML.

Would you please tell what WIGGLE stands for.

Henry

January 31, 2011, 10:26:01 AM
Reply #7

RW

• Andy Cobben .nl
When you're using Wiggle, you can select a moving fixture (a moving head for instance). When selected, the fixture 'wiggles' for a few seconds, so you know what fixture you've selected :)

January 31, 2011, 10:36:28 AM
Reply #8

henryklein

thx. that is a cool feature.

Hnery

February 02, 2011, 06:59:20 PM
Reply #9

henryklein

For the playback buttons, this will do the job:

<action>
                    <tasks>
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 1 - Message 11 - Index 100</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
</action>

nononono that dont work.

I have the following command for the upper play button:

<!-- BUTTON obere Reihe NOTE 9-16  PLAY  -->

<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 9</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Playback Button 1" feature="ButtonSecundair" function ="Control"/>
                    </tasks>
            </action>

what means I've programmed Note messages for upper buttons 1...8 (NOTE 9-16).

I can change it in the BCF to whatever but note that  "NOTE ON" work on the play state of the lower row quite well.

<!-- PLAY BUTTON lower activate NOTE 1-8   -->

<action>
                    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Playback Fader 1 Active</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 1</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
            </action>

I am stuck after working for about 100 hours in making a working remote. I beg you again on my knees to give a list of the incoming and outgoing messages and commands.

Once I got it working I promise to give the files and the earned knowlegde back to make all the users happy :)

Until this time I got the follwing working with my BCF:

I plan to make a second BCF preset for programming

cheers,

Henry

ps: sry 4 my poor english I am native german.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:28:04 PM by henryklein »

February 03, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
Reply #10

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Henry,

I suggest you add the following piece to your code:

<action>
                    <tasks>
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 0</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
</action>

You would perhaps need to change the Channel and the Index value.

Please take into account this piece of code should be placed in the feedback part of the midimap:

<actionlist label="feedback" source="System">
 ... put it here ...
</action>
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 03, 2011, 12:19:33 PM
Reply #11

henryklein

tHANKS Marten for the hint, I didnt have it in the feedback section, so that was my fault.

next question:

NOW the feeback (lit GO button on the BCF) is working if I press the button once showing that the a scene on the upper section is running. If I have loaded a CHASE instead of an "manual" cuelist in these slots (doesnt matter if in the fader or the button section) press the go button again switches light off. Maybe there is a(nother) command for showing that the play state is still active.

That behaviour matter in the following live situation:

I have a chase cuelist to make some moves timed to the musical speed (speed giving by tap or midi input). Now I want to freeze the scene by using the BREAK Key and want to advance manually by pressing the GO button. In this case the play state on the remote goes OFF whilest the play indicator (green or orange) still shows the correct state.

Hope I described that clear enough to understand (not easy for a German ;)

Thanks again for giving a helping hand.

Henry

February 03, 2011, 01:22:38 PM
Reply #12

henryklein

another remote question:

I use to  remote the blackout via

<!-- BLACKOUT Note 29   -->

<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Down">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 29</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Blackout" function ="Toggle"/>
                    </tasks>
            </action>

feedback should be:

<action>
                    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">Blackout</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 0 - Message 9 - Index 29</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
            </action>

The button on the BCF is changes state when I trigger the BO in Cuelux itselfs. When I trigger via the (working) remote button the light on the remote doesnt work, stays dark.

Any hints?

Henry

February 03, 2011, 01:34:52 PM
Reply #13

henryklein

this is number three for today:

I would like to make a second preset in the BCF for programming.

What command leads to the programmers section aside of the INC and DEC commands (Note ONs) used in the ELation Midicon template for raising and lowering the value?

I would like it to be attched to the faders (feedback would be nice), page select with the buttons above the BCF Faders and the other buttons to be assigned to "record, relase, load etc...

Thanks for supporting.

Henry

February 03, 2011, 02:47:33 PM
Reply #14

henryklein

Fooled around a bit and got a lot of things working:

<!---  PROGRAMMER PAGE -->

<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Down">Channel 15 - Message 9 - Index 1</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Programmer Page" function ="Set">
                            <argument type="Unsigned">0</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>

The buttons above the BCF fader carry NoteON messages on CH16 #1-8. So I can select the programmer's pages 1-8

<!-- PROGRAMMER FADER CC 1-8 -->

<action>
                    <trigger type="Midi" specifier="Change">Channel 15 - Message 11 - Index 1</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                        <task type="Special" feature="Programmer Wheel 1" function ="Control"/>
                    </tasks>
</action>

leads to the 8 available faders in the proammer section of Cuelux. I programmed a 2nd BCF set with the 8 Faders on CC 1-8.

PROBLEM: I cannot reach the STL, STR on page one, still no way to get the buttons on page 2 (Home, Flip etc). No raction in the Shape menue as well as in the Fanning window of Head Type fixtures.

NOW I need the command that gives me back the states of the sliders shown in the programmer to not starting programming from a scratch. Is there any? Should be something like this for value#1 (Page 1: Intensity, Page 2: PAN, Page 3: RED)

<action>
                    <trigger type="Unsigned" specifier="Change">[b]COMMAND FOR PROGRAMMER FADERS[/b]</trigger>
                    <tasks>
                            <argument type="Midi Address">Channel 15 - Message 11 - Index 1</argument>
                        </task>
                    </tasks>
</action>

looking forward for some help.

tia,

Henry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk