Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Fixture Builder and 12 Channel Dims???  (Read 2132 times)

February 21, 2011, 08:05:54 AM
Read 2132 times

bock-n-roll

Hi there.

I tried to set up a 12 Channel Dim in Cuelux 1.03 Build 27 on OS X 10.6.6. In the Fixturebuilder and the xml-file everything seemed to be fine. But the 12 Channel Dim is not displayed in Cuelux itself. Neither at the Generics (where it should be by default) nor in the [User]Generics. Did I make a mistake? But why are there Dims with up to 24 Channels in the Personality-Files when only 10 Channels are displayed by Cuelux? I think 12 channel dims would be extreme useful...

Thanks in advance.

February 21, 2011, 08:23:07 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
even if the personality file is available in the library you cannot patch fixture with more than 10 sub.
So you have to patch 2*6chanels dimmers to get your 12 chanels!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

February 21, 2011, 08:28:50 AM
Reply #2

bock-n-roll

But it would be great if I could... ;)
Perhaps this comes with one of the next updates...

February 21, 2011, 08:58:40 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The maximum number of sub-fixtures in cuelus is 10. The Builder will allow you create more sub-fixtures.

The limitation is set because of the size of the fixture blocks in the user-interface. If we would fit in more sub-fixtures they would just become too small to select, especially on a touch screen.

I recommend the 2x6chn trick from Julien.

best regards,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

February 21, 2011, 09:38:09 AM
Reply #4

bock-n-roll

Hi Maarten.

The thing about the limitation is ok and there shouldn't be more than 12 subs on a dimmer. But isn't it possible to design the fixture block in the GUI as a Matrix of 2 rows with 6 channels each? it would be much more useful to find your channels (especiallay when you're working with lots of dims), because the industriel standard of dim channels per unit is 12. For those who use a touch screen or think this is too small, they can set it up as two 6chn dims to get the old size. I think this would make Cuelux more useful in everyday use without giving limitations (e.g in usability with touch screens) to other users. It would be great if you could give it a try.

bock-n-roll

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk