Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: CueCore  (Read 6752 times)

June 27, 2011, 04:14:01 PM
Read 6752 times

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Dear all,

We will start shipping the CueCore in the next few weeks. If you have any questions regarding the CueCore I invite you to ask them here.

best regards,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 27, 2011, 05:54:26 PM
Reply #1

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Sounds nice, so my first questions:

Where can i buy it? (direct from visual production or over a reseller?)
What does it cost?

June 27, 2011, 08:45:42 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Erics,

In Germany it will be available from www.lmp.de, from the end of July. The price of the CueCore will be EUR 949,00.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 05, 2011, 10:59:06 AM
Reply #3

AWie

Hello,
i'm trying to program a cuecore, is there a possibiltiy to get support via phone, to get some questions answered?
Best regards
alex

October 05, 2011, 12:23:13 PM
Reply #4

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Alex

I have asked the technical guy at our German Distributor, LMP, to contact you ASAP. I have given him your companies phone number & your email.  He is currently in a meeting but should be available to ring you shortly.

Thank you for choosing the CueCore and I hope your instal goes well!

Greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

October 05, 2011, 12:29:38 PM
Reply #5

AWie

thanks

December 12, 2011, 02:13:32 AM
Reply #6

Brendan Hurley

Hello Maarten:
I was about to buy cuelux to control my Chauvet LED fixtures in my auto dealership showroom when I discovered  CueCore. Is that the better way to go for this type of permanent installation? I have 12 Chauvet  Colorado Zoom tours, 2 Legend 412s, 2 Q-Spots and 2 Colorado 1Tri IPs.  I will be adding more fixtures going forward. My desire is to be able to have dynamic lighting effects happening  (custom gobos being projected for Jeep, etc., cars being spotlighted, changing colors washing walls) in the showroom to highlight my vehicles. I didn't see where you add fixtures to CueCore like I have using CueLux. Did I just miss something?
I want my non technical employees to be able to click a simple button for evening and nighttime, and also for highlighting a particular product line (Jeeps, Chryslers, Dodges or Rams). Is this easily accomplished?
Last question , should I plan on using VisualDMX with the CueCore to control the Q-Spots or will the native software be sufficient?
Thanks as always!
Brendan

December 12, 2011, 10:06:33 AM
Reply #7

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Brendan,

The CueCore is developed for permanent installations, for which it offers a reliable, solid-state control solution that has a small footprint in terms of size and power consumption. When considering your specific application I would, however, still advise to use Cuelux. This is my motivation:

- Programming Cuelux is easier than the CueCore; the CueCore is more technical. You would finish creating a lighting scene faster in Cuelux. This might be important because your car models and the layout in your showroom might change regularly.

- The computer running 24/7 is in your own office. We know that at some point this computer will break down. Normally people go for a CueCore because they don't want a service call from their customer at the most inconvenient times. But in this case you're always around and you could even install Cuelux and a back-up of your show-file on one of your other office computers for the time being.

- When programming a consideral amount of intelligent light, you would benefit from an external lighting controller like Cuelux to program the scenes and effects to store it in the CueCore. Using the CueCore's inbuilt command-line interface is perfect for LED and conventional light setups. Programming intelligent light needs a bigger dashboard, like the one in Cuelux.

In Cuelux I would make 'background' cues for all scenes that needs to be always on. And program your different 'atmospheres' under playback buttons so your staff just needs to push a playback-button to start. Please note that Cuelux does not have date/time scheduling like in the CueCore.

Ideally, it would be best to use both Cuelux and CueCore; Cuelux for programming and the CueCore for storing and playback. But I would push my luck here ;-)

best regards,
Maarten
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:13:17 AM by Maarten Engels »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 12, 2011, 04:42:01 PM
Reply #8

Brendan Hurley

Hello Maarten:

Thanks for the great advice! You are certainly right about the better control not to mention ease of use with the Cuelux software. I worry about the ability to trigger things by time, though.

The ideal situation for the project is for me to purchase both Cuelux and CueCore. I think your marketing folks should have a "combo price" as I am sure others will find themselves in my situation. Any chance you can get some deal like that for me?

I am hoping for some good news!

Thanks Maarten.

Brendan

www.hurleycjd.com if you want to see the project under construction

b

December 13, 2011, 02:32:16 PM
Reply #9

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Dear Brendan

I have sent you an email in reply to your request!

Have a good day, thank you & regards Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk