Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Two MIDI controllers?  (Read 2358 times)

January 30, 2012, 10:07:49 AM
Read 2358 times

Walther

Helo!

I have a question! Is there any chance, that i connect 2 MIDI controllers for cuelux at the same time? I'm asking this, because i'm interest to buy a ELATION MIDICON USB MIDI-CONTROLLER, which has more functional buttons than BEHRINGER BCF2000 which i use now. But...elation midi controller don't have a speed an attack controls which are very useful in behringer, so i want co connect both and use the good benefits of both MIDI controlers:)

Thanks, Luka

January 30, 2012, 02:37:44 PM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Global Moderator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
you can do it but you have to link via midi the behr_inger and the elation midi controler, this way cuelux will see only one midi controler. And after you also need to make your own midi map file corresponding to you controlers...after you can do what ever you want!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

January 30, 2012, 10:16:05 PM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Walther,

Visual Productions does not support merging two MIDI controllers; it's rather complex and takes a lot of time. But some people have done it.

good luck!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 30, 2012, 11:03:34 PM
Reply #3

missticc

I guess it would be nice for many users if its possible. Maarten maybe its possible to do it in an update?
I use a nanokontroll but Ive also a Launchpad it would be nice to controll the playbackbuttons by the novation midi device and the faders by the nanokontroll.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:16:35 PM by missticc »

December 01, 2013, 06:19:10 PM
Reply #4

Rayco

Seconded,

The ability to contral the faders with one had while pressing the buttons with the other would make it possible to busk shows properly.  If you can 'busk' properly, lol.

No current controllers offer access to all 64 buttons and give faders too.

Why don't  Visual Productions make their own?????
One with 64 buttons and 8 faders and all the other controls need, - glovals, tempo, master, etc.

Surely it would sell…..

December 01, 2013, 09:16:25 PM
Reply #5

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
You can see the midicon as the midi controller from visual productions. Midicon is designed for emulation, Elations copy of cuelux, emulation, so you can say the midicon is designed for cuelux. I still don't know why people are buying from elation as you can get more directly support by visual productions...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk