Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Linking fixtures to Sequence  (Read 11363 times)

January 14, 2007, 10:15:08 AM
Read 11363 times

R&D Com

I have been working with Visual DMX on and off for a year now, many many compliments on the software! Even a video-guy like myself starts to feel like a light-guy now LOL.
There's just one thing i cant seem to find in the help or how-to files..

Creating a new sequence is allright, no problems there, but how do i link it to certain fixtures?
For example: Im programming a small show with 12 SGM Giotto Spot 400's and a 36ch dimmer rack adn i want all of the moving heads to act differently with the use of one sequence... How can i assign each of the SGM's with their own stream? I see the " linked fixtures"  box, but i just can seem to get any of my fixtures to appear in that box...
Please help!

Gr. Frank Doeve
R&D Communications

January 15, 2007, 05:51:07 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your post.

Linking fixtures to sequence streams can be done in two ways; automatic and manual.

The automatic way is quite simple, you just select a couple of fixtures (this can easily be done with the use of teams), then select a sequence and finally run the sequence. This will link the first fixture in your seleciton (the order in which you selected the fixtures now plays a roll) to the first stream, and the second fixture to the second stream and so on.

Alternativelly, you can link the fixtures to streams manually, giving you greater flexibility in assigning specifc fixtures to specific streams. For this you have to use the Cue Editor. In the Cue Editor you can create a cue to control a sequence on a set of fixtures like you normally would (examples are available in the help file). Now go to the 'Sequences' tab at the bottom of the editor, select the sequence you have put in the 'Present' list. Once selected you can change the 'Assignment' into 'Manual'. Now go to the 'Sequence Assignment' tab; here you can arrange which of the fixtures included in the cue are linked to which stream in the sequence.

Please let me know if any detail requires more explaining.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 15, 2007, 10:17:07 PM
Reply #2

R&D Com

Excellent!

Exactly what i needed!

Thanx Maarten! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk