Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: programming cuecore  (Read 5866 times)

January 19, 2012, 01:38:59 PM
Read 5866 times

bzuidgeest

We had a cuecore installed recently to do our lighting. I was looking at options to control it using my own applications. I found the manual, but I get confused about what if any is the proper way to directly control the cuecore.
I read something about going thru canvix or visualdmx first but that feels redundant and it requires install extra software beside the application. What protocol should I use?

p.s. I saw a thread on this forum about the slow webinterface of the cuecore on windows, when will that be fixed?

January 20, 2012, 10:18:41 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi,

Basically there are two ways to use the CueCore with other (software) lighting controllers.
- Capture the lighting controllers output in cues or recordings and set the CueCore to playback this data.
- Output art-net on you lighting controller and set the CueCore to convert art-net to DMX.

Regarding the webinterface; there is difference in speed between windows and mac (mac is faster). We are still working on it.

best regards,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 20, 2012, 10:39:36 AM
Reply #2

bzuidgeest

- Output art-net on you lighting controller and set the CueCore to convert art-net to DMX.
Perfectly clear I downloaded art-net spec and I can implement this

- Capture the lighting controllers output in cues or recordings and set the CueCore to playback this data.
this isn't competely clear. I think you mean that I use standard software to record lighting settings in the cue controller en tell the controller to play them back using custom software. But what protocol would be used to do this? And it would still require the extra software, am I correct?

Sorry if I seem to be a little slow on the uptake, but this branch of control systems is new for me.

January 20, 2012, 11:01:13 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Good question; after using a standard lighting controller to capture cues or recordings you can command the CueCore to start or stop playback of this data.
Actually there are several ways to control the playback: via DMX, Art-Net, MIDI, OSC and UDP. In the 'Show control' webpage you can set any of these protocols to trigger cues or recordings.

So if you are making your software system you can pick any of these protocols, which ever you feel most comfortable with. I would definitely consider OSC because it is a beautiful protocol for these kind of applications.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 20, 2012, 11:14:07 AM
Reply #4

bzuidgeest

UDP
UDP (User Datagram Protocol) is a simple protocol for sending message across the network. It is
supported by various media devices like video projectors and show controllers.
The CueCore can send and receive UDP messages. The UDP message contains a NULL
terminated ASCII string of maximum 15 characters. UDP can be received by adding the UDP
source action-list in the Show Control page. Enter the expected ASCII string as the action's trigger.
UDP messages can be send by adding a UDP task to any action. Parameter 1 allows you to enter
the ASCII string and parameter 2 will contain the destination IP address and port number.

From this I take there is no way to do arbritrary control of lights from udp. Only preset triggers are possible. I take art-net can do that because it just wraps dmx onto ethernet. osc to, but I have not checked that out yet. Is this all right?

January 25, 2012, 08:40:01 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
That's correct.

Art-Net can be used to directly modify the DMX values.
At the moment UDP and OSC are just to trigger 'events' (actions in the 'show control' page).
It is on our wishlist to also create a OSC or UDP to directly read and write data like DMX, MIDI, GPI and SMPTE.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

December 04, 2014, 06:47:23 AM
Reply #6

riham

Is there another Way to get osc Running with iPhone? Or isnt it possible without this file?
You can get score highest marks  GCIH exam dump

December 04, 2014, 01:21:50 PM
Reply #7

Jurriën de Klerk

• Visual Productions
You can use the TouchOCS App (http://hexler.net/software/touchosc) which is availible in the AppStore and capable of sending OSC messages. The messages can then be bound to events in the CueCore via the web interface in the 'Show Control' panel.
Jurriën de Klerk
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk