Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: bugs and feature request  (Read 9024 times)

March 06, 2012, 09:50:27 PM
Read 9024 times

DJob

Hi,

I have found a bug I think, or it it just in the midimap...
- when you adjust the attack and speed parameter on Cuelux it does not push it to the behringer bcf2000 (the rotary knobs stay the same)
- and sometimes when I have a fader with colors programmed ad on the behringer I move a fader really fast to 100% the color wheel stays on white, but when I have LED lights on the same fader that color does change.

And I would like to see a feature in the one of the next updates...
- A function that when you have some moving heads, lets say 20, and that when you select 1 or more that they turn white and full on... this would be easy when you are programming and your positioning the moving heads.

I am using the latest version on Cuelux (1.03.31) on a macbook pro with snow leopard (10.6.8) and on a Ubuntu linux machine (10.04)

kind regards,

Job
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:39:13 PM by DJob »

March 07, 2012, 08:20:42 AM
Reply #1

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
about the buttons on the BCF it's  normal cuelux doesn't send any feedback informations about the speed and attack levels to the BCF this is why the leds doesn't update when you set it on the screen.

about the fader mooving very fast I already ear some problems like this where cuelux doesn't see that you mooved the fader...but i nerverùet it!

And for the tes button, this could be a nice idea, i've already seen this fonction somewhere but i can't remember where???
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 07, 2012, 09:11:43 AM
Reply #2

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
- A function that when you have some moving heads, lets say 20, and that when you select 1 or more that they turn white and full on... this would be easy when you are programming and your positioning the moving heads.
And for the tes button, this could be a nice idea, i've already seen this fonction somewhere but i can't remember where???

On a lightning desk this function is called highlight. It turn on the spots that are selected (normal 100% dimmer, shutter open). I think it would be usefull in cuelux as well.

March 07, 2012, 09:26:14 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
thanks for the feedback
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 09, 2012, 10:18:08 PM
Reply #4

Radarfalle

Another very nice feature for the next version (someone had mentioned this in the forum some time ago) would be a strobe effect that could be layed on any DMX channel or some kind of simulated intensity and frequency channels for the patched units. This would be very useful for all kind of LED units without a strobe channel. It would also be possible to program coloured strobe effects.

Thanks to Maarten for the quick bugfix of the touchscreen problem! It reacts very well now

March 10, 2012, 09:14:38 AM
Reply #5

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
I agree with the last idea, add a strob chanel when the ficture don't get it as you've donne for the virtual dimmer would be great...and better would be to add a random falash on all the fixture witch don't get it, because it's a really nice effect and it's a very easy to always do a random sequence to do it!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 11, 2012, 01:30:45 PM
Reply #6

der_juli_dude

request: playback fader remote control

I would like to control the playback faders vie the iPhone remote as well as the buttons.
I mainly use the remote control function for testing and positioning the lighting equipment on stage. But some lights I only can access through the playback faders. So every time I've finished positioning one fixture, I've got to walk back to the FOH or call the sound guy to switch the faders for me.

March 12, 2012, 04:14:53 AM
Reply #7

Michaelmoore83

• Intense Sound & Lighting LLC
You could easily take my Osculator file that I posted in a different thread and make an iPhone fader remote by copying the OSC names from the iPad layout into a new smaller iPhone layout.
Emulation 1.3.36 on Mac OS X 10.8.2
Controllers: Livid OHM RGB, "new iPad", Korg Nanokontol

March 12, 2012, 09:11:55 AM
Reply #8

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@radarfalle

I have added 'virtual strobe' to the wish-list.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 29, 2012, 03:40:01 PM
Reply #9

DJob

I have maybe another nice feature:
You now can select faderstart, when you move up a fader it starts the cuelist. but what about a button start, it moves the fader up when you click a button...

Kind regards

Job
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:39:30 PM by DJob »

March 30, 2012, 12:54:34 AM
Reply #10

rab3

• rbSound.de
I have some things for the wish-list, too:
1.) A fanning-options for cues. In many cases (e.g. moving-head-positions) it would be very nice, if you could define a time, which is hold between the execution-start of the target-devices (so all the devices do the cue one after the other).

2.) Some kind of moving-cues or something like that, which can be set on any channel (colors, dimmers...). It would offer many various possibilities, if you could e.g. set a sine-wave on color-channels... as the options for these cues I thought of things like size, absolute or relative movement (either you define a center-value where the movement moves around or it takes the actual value of the channel), speed, phase and target-channels. As the value controlled by the assigned playback-fader I would choose speed. That would be soo handy... :)

3.) Maybe user-definable movement-figures?

Perhaps some of these is possible to implement?

Best regards, Raphael

March 30, 2012, 09:55:47 AM
Reply #11

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@ rab3

Point 1 I would call "Individual fixture timing in cues" which I think is a feature that belongs in 'pro' consoles. We try to keep Cuelux easy-to-use so I rather not implement this in Cuelux.

Point 2 are 'shapes' for parameters other than position. This is something I would welcome in Cuelux, especially on colour attributes. Hopefully we can start soon with implementing this.

cheers,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

April 02, 2012, 10:47:52 AM
Reply #12

Michaelmoore83

• Intense Sound & Lighting LLC
+1 on the highlight feature.  :)
Emulation 1.3.36 on Mac OS X 10.8.2
Controllers: Livid OHM RGB, "new iPad", Korg Nanokontol

April 03, 2012, 09:01:41 PM
Reply #13

DJob

I have a small question: what is that joy light for next to the dmx and midi light? Can't ind it anywhere...

Kind regards,

Job
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:39:41 PM by DJob »

April 04, 2012, 09:02:42 AM
Reply #14

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi Job,

It indicates whether a joystick is connected.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk