Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Fades between Stack Steps  (Read 2850 times)

July 28, 2012, 02:13:18 PM
Read 2850 times

mlohrey

Is it possible to fade out of a cue when in stack list?

I am trying to run a basic show and would like to be able fade a scene to black using stack lists.

Cheers
Mark

July 30, 2012, 10:04:25 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello Mark,

Yes, fading is possible when in stacklist.
Also, if you edit the cuelist then you can set a release time. This way it will fade out when released.
Dennis Kromhout

July 31, 2012, 01:12:27 PM
Reply #2

mlohrey

Thanks Dennis

I worked out something in the end. I put about 1% black into each of my 24 dimmer channels and saved it as a cue for black and now it fades quite nicely to black. Before doing that the transition to the next cue on the stack just snapped to black. This probably reflects my lack of understanding for the DMX protocol.

I am a bit of newbie to all this. I have only had the software for 5 days!  Bit ambitions perhaps but I have been able to program a show for our school (where I am an Assistant Principal) and we have run 2 shows with 3 more to go of "Footloose the musical".

I do have another issue though. In a single cue (such as one being set up for a chase) I have been able to cut and paste cues steps quite successfully when editing a cue. However, when editing stack cues, cutting and pasting a cue is not working properly (well at least the way I doing it!). I select the cue step, cut then paste, a new cue appears at the bottom of the stack list with the same name, but it isn't the correct cue and also, the stack name gets changed! Help?

Cuelux is a great program and it has been great fun putting the show together although working live is a bit nerve racking!

Cheers

Mark

PS. It would be great if cue number could be edited. It would be handy to have Cue 1.1 for late director changes!

August 01, 2012, 09:33:28 AM
Reply #3

Dennis Kromhout

Hallo Mark,

I'm not able to reproduce your problem (using v1.3.33).
Could you mail me your showfile? (support@<companywebsite>)
Dennis Kromhout

August 02, 2012, 09:09:57 AM
Reply #4

mlohrey

Hi Dennis,

I sent you the show... but noticed I was using Version 1.03.18.  Even though the .dmg file I downloaded  from your site is called cuelux10333.dmg it doesn't seem to contain the correct version.

Cheers

Mark

August 02, 2012, 09:18:44 AM
Reply #5

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Mark,

I just checked: the 'about Cuelux' in the Mac's menu says incorrectly 1.3.18. Although Cuelux itself is actually 1.3.33 as you can verify in Cuelux->Options->About.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll correct the version info in the Mac's menu.

If possible, please forward your showfile to Dennis. Then he can follow up on your issue.

cheers,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

August 02, 2012, 03:58:06 PM
Reply #6

mlohrey

Thanks Maartin... It was confusing me!

I have sent Dennis the show file.

Cheers

Mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk