Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Martin Roboscan 518 Fan Speed & CTC / Lamp Off  (Read 5373 times)

September 30, 2012, 11:12:16 PM
Read 5373 times

macmuc

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me, I´ve got 2 Problems with my Martin Roboscans 518 under Cuelux.

Problem No 1 - Fan Speed reducing
The Sliderknob under the Misc Button for the Fan won't show up - so there's no chance to regulate the Fan Speed.

Problem No 2 - Lamp Off / CTC
I don't find a slider or a button to activate the CTC on the effect wheel only the frost filter, the 3-facet prism and the open options are available under misc respectively under beam.

The CTC Effect is needed to give the signal to turn the lamp off (set colour to uv-pass, acitvate ctc on the effect wheel and press the lamp off button).

Newest Software ist installed on my MacBook Pro 17" - all other things are working properly between cuelux and the Martin Roboscans.

If somebody has a suggestion would be great..
Thanks

October 01, 2012, 10:24:43 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

Some of those functions weren't available in Cuelux when the personality file has created.
Please download the updated file from below and read the instructions to install it here
Dennis Kromhout

October 01, 2012, 02:44:27 PM
Reply #2

macmuc

Hello Dennis,

many thanks for your fast support.
Where can I find the fan reducing slider now?
It has completely disappeared from the misc menu with the new personality file.

The ctc seems to be at the colour changing selection.

Thanks for a short reply.

October 01, 2012, 03:40:43 PM
Reply #3

Dennis Kromhout

The fan slider should be on the misc tab, nothing has changed there. If you increase the value the fan should slow down according to the manual. Keep in mind that the "fan" function in Cuelux was more designed for hazers.
Dennis Kromhout

October 01, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
Reply #4

macmuc

Hello Dennis,

as you can see on the screenshots there's no more fan slider.
picture one before the personality file was installed and pic 2 after the installation.

before update

after update

In Addition CTC is still missing - but the mixed colors are now available on dmx ch. 2
I also recognized that the Stand Alone Button is now selectable - which wasn`t possible before the update.

At the DMX Monitor the open Effect is shown with address 000, frost with 150 and prism with 192 - no ctc option visible

DMX Adresses from the Martin Manual

0 - 63            Open
64 - 127        CTC Color Modifier 5500 - 3400k
128 - 191      Frost
192 - 255 3   Facet Prism

Can you check the personality file and look for the ctc filter and the fan slider??

October 01, 2012, 06:35:37 PM
Reply #5

macmuc

Hello Dennis,

after reinstalling cuelux fan-speed slider and ctc are visible - so these two points are fixed  ;)
But I have still problems with the Lamp Out Button - when i click the button nothing happens - just the frame is highlighted in red.

October 01, 2012, 10:18:28 PM
Reply #6

macmuc

Btw when i click on the lamp off button at the start instead of the lamp on button, the lamp ignites also but as described nothing happens when the scanner is running and i click on the lamp off button.

And one more problem when i reduce the fan speed it speeds up automatically 5-7 seconds later.
The dmx monitor shows on the first channel every 5-7 seconds the value of 253 highlighted in lime green.
So i think the lamp on value overwrites the fan speed value and therefore the speed is raising every time the lamp on value is transmitted.

Would be great if you can fix the problem.

October 02, 2012, 09:45:12 AM
Reply #7

Dennis Kromhout

after reinstalling cuelux fan-speed slider and ctc are visible

On windows it is possible to install multiple versions of Cuelux but it can get confusing with the shortcuts. So unless there is a specific reason its recommended to uninstall older versions first. When you download a new version, the installer will not remove or replace older versions.

So i think the lamp on value overwrites the fan speed value and therefore the speed is raising every time the lamp on value is transmitted.

The strobe, fan, standalone & lamp functions are all on the same channel so you can't have multiple active at the same time. The lamp function is also a special timed control, because fixtures usually need a pulse to avoid accidental triggering. This is why ch1 will be reset to 0 after 7 seconds.
Dennis Kromhout

October 16, 2012, 12:54:00 PM
Reply #8

macmuc

Hello Dennis,

in mind that martin says in the manual that for the lamp off command the following three values are needed

I've tried to reconstruct the lamp off part via the builder.

but it seems (according to the dmx monitor) that only the first row from the "function off" xml code is being attended, in this case
<range function="Off" offset="4">64,127</range>

because when i change the order of the three "lamp off" values only the first one is recognized at the dmx monitor.

So there must be a chance to have all the three values in one command or row with the time value of 5 seconds.
I have no clue in xml programming but i'm sure that there's a chance to implement this issue.

Would be great if you can help me to clear this case.

October 16, 2012, 02:54:20 PM
Reply #9

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

You shouldn't read the personality file like that.
Its not a set of executed commands, it's only used to define certain values.
Dennis Kromhout

October 16, 2012, 07:25:30 PM
Reply #10

macmuc

Ok and what is your suggestion concerning the problem??
At the moment there's no chance to turn the lamp off...

October 17, 2012, 09:33:11 AM
Reply #11

Dennis Kromhout

If you need to set values for multiple channels and a certain period of time to trigger a function then you could create a cuelist to do so. Also if a channel has features that don't "fit in" the functions offered by Cuelux then you can make it a custom. This way you get a fader on the Customs tab allowing you to set the value for the entire channel manually.
Dennis Kromhout

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk