Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Cuelux and 3D visualizer  (Read 4282 times)

October 20, 2012, 05:41:36 PM
Read 4282 times

2r2d

Hi,

I have Cuelux and i have lumidesk and daslight software and dongle, is it possible to use one of the 3D visualizers of the other programs in Cuelux and how do i have to fix that?
Do i also need to use the lumidesk or daslight dongle to run the 3d software?

Greatings

October 22, 2012, 09:34:57 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello Rony,

Most (if not all?) visualizers can be connected using Art-net. You can enable this in "options" -> "hardware".
The Cuelux license is stored inside the CueCable so you must plug it into a USB port even if nothing is connected to the XLR or else it will run in demo mode and art-net output will be disabled.
Dennis Kromhout

October 22, 2012, 06:56:01 PM
Reply #2

2r2d

I understand that i need to connect the cuelux usb to dmx cable to run cuelux propperly but my question was, if i want to use the 3d visualizer from daslight DVS2 do i need also connect the daslight usb to dmx box to run the 3d visualizer or not?
I know that lumidesk and daslight use the same visualizer, i have both offical versions and the usb to dmx box

October 23, 2012, 10:28:00 AM
Reply #3

Dennis Kromhout

Well, thats more a question for the creators of daslight.
We don't have that software package or knowhow of their license scheme.
Dennis Kromhout

October 23, 2012, 05:50:24 PM
Reply #4

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hello

Maybe I can help with your question.
A while ago some users were looking for inexpensive visualization programmes to use instead of the Capture / WYSIWYG level....

http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?topic=866.msg7404;topicseen#msg7404

This link should help clarify what you can at least try out with your licenses as your software is made by all the same French company so maybe they all have the same possibilities of working with Cuelux.

BTW Capture Sweden have now released a good value  1 universe version of their Professional Visualizer - it makes for a good combination with Cuelux especially if you are a Mac user!

Hope this helps.

Greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk