Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: 'Go' not firing with MIDI  (Read 3311 times)

March 10, 2013, 11:41:50 PM
Read 3311 times

Carousel

I have Qlab and Cuelux talking to each other, and I can get the Playback fader to work (ie I send a MIDI message saying raise or lower the fader) and all works fine.

However, I cannot get MIDI to 'go' on a second cue in a cuelist attached to a fader, or for that matter, make the cue 'go' by sending the signal over MIDI channel 5.  If the button above the fade is red, it will not do anything.  If it is yellow, it will turn red when I send the signal to 'go'

Is there a specific 'control value' that I need to put in for it to work?  Do I need to not use faders if I just want a go?
Thank you

March 11, 2013, 09:14:46 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

What midimap are you using?
I've attached a document expaining the midi file in case you're writing your own.

http://www.visualproductions.nl/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1609.0;attach=357
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:17:20 AM by Julien Levaufre »
Dennis Kromhout

March 11, 2013, 05:54:34 PM
Reply #2

Carousel

Thank you Dennis,

I am not trying to write my own, I apologize, I am a very beginning user and I don't even know where to put the wonderful code you gave me, or what exactly it all means.  Unless I need to, I would rather not.

I was using the Generic MIDI Map (when I click on MIDI I select Cuelux as the input and click on Generic).  And printed out the CC  key I found in the forum for use with Qlab. 

I just couldn't get 'go' commands to fire, although I can get the fader commands to work over MIDI, so the MIDI is getting through, I just cannot figure out what I am doing wrong with the 'Go' cues...

Carrie

March 20, 2013, 05:39:05 PM
Reply #3

Dennis Kromhout

Hello Carrie,

Sorry for the late reply.

When you press the "Go" button for a longer period it will release the playback.
The generic MIDI map controls the buttons in the same way. So there's a value (127) to press the button (and keeps it pressed) until its "unpressed" (value 0)

In your software package you will have to send a CC with value 127 followed by the same CC with value 0 to emulate a short button press.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:45:16 PM by Dennis Kromhout »
Dennis Kromhout

March 20, 2013, 05:42:58 PM
Reply #4

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
I'm not sure i understand right, but if you try to use the generic midimap to conect your midi controler there are not many chances iot works, as the generic midi map file is done to show all the possibilities of cuelux via midi.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 21, 2013, 05:20:06 PM
Reply #5

Carousel

Thank you both,

I am a bit confused.  It sounds like Julien is saying that the Generic MIDI map will not work to control Cuelux (ie if I put in Channel 7, CC 00 Playback Button 01 should go).  I thought that was what should happen...Am I wrong?

I will try what you suggested Dennis but I will need to wait until after Saturday.  Our current show I have rented another lighting board as I could not get Cuelux firing as needed so I will look at cuelux again once that show is open. 

Carrie

March 21, 2013, 05:32:16 PM
Reply #6

Dennis Kromhout

When using a program like Qlab you can use the generic midi map because you configure Qlab to send commands matching the midimap

Most (low cost) midi controllers can't be programmed so then you will need a custom midimap for Cuelux to match the commands send by the controller.
Dennis Kromhout

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk