Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Looks good but have a few questions  (Read 2419 times)

March 05, 2013, 07:00:15 PM
Read 2419 times

bullfrog

Hi

Looking at cuelux and it seems to fit our requirements , however i've a few questions.

For each playback button when using the elation midicon i see there is a back button, I assume this takes you back one cue in the cuelist, is there an equivilent icon on the pc's gui interface or a pc keyboard shortcut to replicate that function. Have I correctly identified what the back button does?

In a cue list that has been assigned to a playback button is it possible for a cue to activate one of the other playback buttons. We occasionally need to leave a lighting setup with a non techie person, if I need to explain why this feature would be useful I'll go into greater depth.

Finally what does the release button do, I suspect if you click it and then a playback button then it's like holding down that playback button until it stops, however the manual doesn't mention this buttons function.

Thanks

Bullfrog

March 06, 2013, 09:28:46 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

Thank you for considering Cuelux

I assume this takes you back one cue in the cuelist, is there an equivilent icon on the pc's gui interface or a pc keyboard shortcut to replicate that function.
Correct, you can also use the right mouse button

In a cue list that has been assigned to a playback button is it possible for a cue to activate one of the other playback buttons. We occasionally need to leave a lighting setup with a non techie person
A cue cannot start another playback but you can stack or bundle playbacks. When stacking one playback button can be used to step thru the playbacks in the stack.
When you bundle playbacks you can have only 1 playback running from the same bundle. If you click on another button, it will first stop the currently running playback within the bundle. Thatway it won't become a mess when a "non techie" starts pressing all buttons.

Finally what does the release button do, I suspect if you click it and then a playback button then it's like holding down that playback button until it stops
Correct.
Also, when clicking & holding the mouse button down it will stop all playbacks
Dennis Kromhout

March 08, 2013, 10:47:56 PM
Reply #2

bullfrog

Thank you

Based on your answers a purchase has been made.

I'd discounted stacking as it didn't suit our needs, however bundling seems to be just the ticket.

Thanks again.

Bullfrog

March 26, 2013, 12:19:00 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Welcome aboard Bullfrog!
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk