Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Full OSC Control  (Read 5371 times)

March 19, 2013, 09:20:35 AM
Read 5371 times

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
We have implemented OSC into CueluxPro. You can control every button or fader in the UI of CueluxPro by OSC. Actually the software buttons also supply feedback back to OSC. We will provide a TouchOSC layout with pages for playback-faders, command line, programmer, etc. We are also working on a PDF describing the structure of the OSC URI's that we use, to allow somebody to make their own TouchOSC layout or use it as an API to control CueluxPro from a third-party software system.

Below is a preliminary screendump of the TouchOSC layout.

Furthermore, it is also possible to program 'actions' that respond to incoming OSC messages or actions that send out OSC messages. This works identical to the OSC implementation in the CueCore's 'show control' page.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 19, 2013, 11:37:41 AM
Reply #1

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Looks nice! so you don't need a converter from OSC to MIDI anymore? I had installed the OSC bridge from TouchOSC but AVG spotted a virus... It's great to see the good work of you! Looking forward to PL&S!

March 19, 2013, 11:41:24 AM
Reply #2

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Indeed, no OSC <--> MIDI bridge is required any more.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 19, 2013, 11:50:46 AM
Reply #3

bourby

Rather than a TouchOSC map, can you just create a dedicated iPad & Android app to completely Mirror the App ..

I'll pay extra for that App .. I think just using TouchOSC is bordering on a little halfway and lazy.

There's some great control apps coming out from companies, I'd hate to see this product fall behind.

March 19, 2013, 01:58:51 PM
Reply #4

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
I think they can do that in the future, but they haven't time right now. They have 22 days left to complete the software for a release. I think they have a lot of work still to do, so they are in a hurry. Putting OSC in the software may be much easyer and faster. If you need to create an app, that will cost you at least 5 weeks, to get it Bug-free included. Then it needs to get confirmed by apple, to get it in the App-store. All that time they can't work on the CueluxPro version and it would not be ready for a release...

March 19, 2013, 09:20:19 PM
Reply #5

bourby

I think they can do that in the future, but they haven't time right now. They have 22 days left to complete the software for a release. I think they have a lot of work still to do, so they are in a hurry. Putting OSC in the software may be much easyer and faster. If you need to create an app, that will cost you at least 5 weeks, to get it Bug-free included. Then it needs to get confirmed by apple, to get it in the App-store. All that time they can't work on the CueluxPro version and it would not be ready for a release...

Then they should have started months ago.

March 20, 2013, 05:14:11 PM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
We'll keep the option open for a dedicated remote control app for in the future. For now we focus on OSC support. We like supporting open protocols that allow people to integrate CueluxPro with other systems. You can use the OSC feature as an API or via TouchOSC as riggers-remote. OSC is very flexible so it seems that we can fit all the intended funcionality in the TouchOSC layout.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

March 20, 2013, 06:22:31 PM
Reply #7

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
1 Good thing about TouchOSC: you can design it however you want! If you don't like the Layout what they have made on the office, you just make your own...
1 Bad thing: You can't use with Android or Windows Phone...

March 20, 2013, 06:52:34 PM
Reply #8

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
for android there are some other software, but they are just a litlle bite less complete.
On my own i use DAWOSC
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

March 23, 2013, 01:05:53 AM
Reply #9

dsquareddan

Are you able to port this over to Lemur as well? shouldn't be too difficult. I like lemur more than TouchOSC

http://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

March 23, 2013, 11:19:23 AM
Reply #10

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
I must be compatible...
Great app by the way! But to expensive for me...  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk