Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: First Live Experience.  (Read 3812 times)

April 21, 2013, 04:27:00 PM
Read 3812 times

bourby

Used CueLux pro for the first time for a small rock show.

I had a Macbook with a Behringer BCF2000 running on WIFI to an Airport Extreme with the CueCore straight out.

I had the Curcore going into a DMX distro - Running 16 RGB cans, 5 RGBW Cans and a Hazer.

Generally a good experience.

I did have 1 period when the lights just dropped out totally. Fortunately is was between the 2nd and 3rd bands. I was onstage and the lights just went. I checked the CueLux application and it still said it was connected to the CueCore - but nothing would reply. I restarted CueLux and it still didn't work. I then restarted the cuecore from stage and it came up after 1-2 mins. I had one quick DBO drop during the set - but no-one else noticed.

I'm guessing you advise to use a cabled connection - but as the CueCore was still connected, I don't see why I had this drop out. Wouldn't the CueCore be expected to continue sending the last DMX state if there's a dropout?

Lastly, I have a weird behaviour with the RGBW Cans .. I'll try and explain it.

They're 4CH

1-Red
2-Green
3-Blue
4-Dimmer/Strobe

I'm recording the Dimmer at 100% on fader 1.

I'm then recording Red@100 on 2, Green@100 on 3, Red@100 on 4.

If I play Fader one and put it up fully, the colours then come on when I hit the play button - not even bring up the colour fader.

Can this behaviour be changed for these fixtures? to respond only to the fader and not the play button.

Also - the MIDI Map for the BCF2000 seems to have dropped the Tap Tempo button .. true?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:40:31 PM by bourby »

April 22, 2013, 10:32:12 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

I'm guessing you advise to use a cabled connection
Correct :)
The CueCore normally works as a standalone device but once CueluxPro becomes the master it operates as a gateway and disables its internal programming. If the CueCore doesn't receive any signals from CueluxPro for a certain period of time (because of network problem or because you closed CLP) it will return to its standalone mode and this will clear any values set by Cuelux.

Can this behaviour be changed for these fixtures? to respond only to the fader and not the play button.
Not sure if i understand you right. to me it seems to be working the way you would like it.

Also - the MIDI Map for the BCF2000 seems to have dropped the Tap Tempo button .. true?
This shouldn't be the case, I will look into it.
Dennis Kromhout

April 22, 2013, 11:04:49 AM
Reply #2

bourby

I could still access the cuecore. Could it be formware updated to hold the last received dmx scene. Or record a safe scene if connectivity failed?

April 22, 2013, 11:49:59 AM
Reply #3

Dennis Kromhout

You can program a scene into the CueCore's console for example.
As the normal standalone operation becomes active again after the timeout it can act as a safe scene.

Note: Editing the console only works when the CueCore is not mastered by CueluxPro.
Dennis Kromhout

April 22, 2013, 11:51:05 AM
Reply #4

bourby

Not being a CueCore user as such, can you explain that?

April 22, 2013, 12:00:37 PM
Reply #5

Dennis Kromhout

The first thing I would advise is to read the CueCore manual.
You can program the console manually (if not connected to CLP) using a web browser or use the command line of CueluxPro
Dennis Kromhout

May 13, 2013, 03:05:34 PM
Reply #6

bourby

Have done 2 shows cabled to CueCore via 30m ethernet cable.

First show all fine.

Last show, had two occasions whereas the lighting dropped out while in a static state, I was onstage lining the band at the time. Fortunately it didn't drop during the show.

Maybe Still a License verification problem with OSX?

May 13, 2013, 03:12:44 PM
Reply #7

Dennis Kromhout

Thanks for the feedback.
No this isn't related to the license verification bug on OSX that we had in the past.
We should experiment a bit with different (internal) timeout/refresh values. I've added a note on the todo list.

Are there any other devices on the ethernet network?
Dennis Kromhout

May 13, 2013, 03:31:06 PM
Reply #8

bourby

Mac-router-cuecore

There's also a single channel artnet reciever plugged in to the router (airport extreme)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk