Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Solo Flash  (Read 7246 times)

May 10, 2013, 10:24:54 AM
Read 7246 times

bourby

Can I use solo flash?

IE - a flash button removes everything else ..

May 10, 2013, 10:14:30 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
There is no 'solo' function available at the moment. I just added it to the list though because i like feature too.

Perhaps we can make so that when you do a 'solo' flash then all other playbacks are temporarily suspended, unless your playback is in a bundle. In that case only the other playbacks in that bundle will be suspended. This gives you the option to fine-tune the behavior of the solo.

We won't be adding more buttons to the GUI as it is quite full already. In stead we will introduce the option that let's you specify the function of the playback buttons/faders. So the button underneath the playback fader has by default the function 'flash'. We want to make the option so you can change that into 'Go-' , 'Go+', 'Solo' or 'Release'.

What do you think?
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 10, 2013, 11:09:24 PM
Reply #2

bourby

I like it..

May 11, 2013, 12:42:25 AM
Reply #3

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
I like it to! just like a Grandma...
I purpose to make both buttons adjustable and maybe an option to set the funtion of the fader...
I have another request about the pallets but i can explain it better in dutch so...
De paletten sturen een geprogrammeerde waarde uit op de geselecteerde fixtures, via de programmer. Echter werkt dit op de lichttafels anders (avo, gma, ...). Daar kun je een pallet gebruiken om live bijvoorbeeld een statische kleur te kiezen... Wanneer ik dit wil doen in cueluxPro, geen probleem. maar wanneer ik een nieuwe cue wil programmeren, zal ik de kleur er eerst uit moeten halen...
Nu is mijn vraag of er een mogelijkheid is, om de pallets als cue te laten fungeren, maar met ltp op categorie (bv kleur mix of gobo), zodat je ze live meer kan gebruiken. Eigenlijk als een matrix met buttons met 1 cue, met een icoontje erop, alleen dan stuur je alleen de geselecteerde fixtures aan... Ik denk dat dit wel handig is. Eventueel zou het misschien mogelijk zijn om om te kunnen schakelen tussen een "program" en "live mode". Iaw, program mode zoals het nu is, en dan live mode als hierboven uitgelegd. Ik hoop dat dit mogelijk is...
Alvast bedankt!
Greetz, Boyd

May 11, 2013, 12:44:59 AM
Reply #4

bourby

I don't know what that says :(

May 11, 2013, 12:50:21 AM
Reply #5

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Ok ill try to explain a bit in english...
The possibility to use the pallets as a single cue, but only to the selected fixtures, so no more with the programmer...
If you want to use the buttons for selecting a colour live, and you want to program something completely else, you have to clear the programmer, and your colour is off wich means your lights are off...
Hope you understand now... ;)

May 13, 2013, 11:45:26 AM
Reply #6

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
you can use the blind button, that allos you to programme something without getting it on the ouput...
This way you can programs new cuelist without turning off everything during you show.
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 13, 2013, 01:35:32 PM
Reply #7

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
No that is not what i mean. If you use the pallets to set a static colour, when you are live, its in the programmer. If you want to create a new cuelist, with another fixture as the one u used, you need to clear the programmer otherwise the colour is in the cue too... Not what you want... If you clear the programmer, you lights go out...

May 13, 2013, 02:56:09 PM
Reply #8

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
so in this case, you creat a cuelist with one cue where your ficture get the color you want..
you active this cuelist, and then you click blind and create your new cuelist! ;D
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 13, 2013, 03:03:13 PM
Reply #9

bourby

In this .. we have to "load" the Cue yeh?

May 13, 2013, 08:26:11 PM
Reply #10

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
It is a solvation but it are too much steps to do.
i don't like that. Grandma Avolites Chamsys, ... they all work at the way i like more...
We have to do this steps:
1 ) Record
2 ) push a playback button
3 ) clear
4 ) make your new cuelist
5 ) load
6 ) push the playback button
7 ) click on the only step in the dialog
8 ) knockout
9 ) push the playback button

This are 9 steps to make a new cuelist when you are using the pallets
If you make the pallets to not control with the programmer you have only the step for making the new cuelist.
The way with temporary saving the current programmer state takes too much time...
It's not my thing.
Another way is to make for each group and each pallet a cue (or 4 pallets on 1 button)
You're buttons are very fast full and it's too complicated. And i taught cuelux wasn't complicated at all ;)
At the moment i can't use the pallets when i am live. For programming it is great.
But the pallet screen is really unnessecery at all for me... I can't do anything with it live

So if you guys make it not connected to the programmer i'm really gonna make use of the programmer all the time when i'm live...
I hope you understand it and add this great feature to the software... Just like Gma and Avo does ;)

Thank you :)

May 14, 2013, 09:06:18 AM
Reply #11

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@nijst001   Thanks for explaining it. We'll certainly look into it.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 16, 2013, 04:34:03 PM
Reply #12

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Any update on this?

May 17, 2013, 12:49:00 PM
Reply #13

bourby

I'm guessing... nope :)

May 21, 2013, 06:05:22 PM
Reply #14

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Still no update on this? And will solo flash be in the software in the next release?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk