Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: MIDI Control - SETTINGS on Akai APC-40  (Read 3980 times)

October 14, 2012, 06:54:10 PM
Read 3980 times

streuerle

:o
I want to buy a new MIDI for Cuelux. My favorit is Akai APC-40 or Livid Ohm64.
For the Akai I can not find the assignment of keys.

Where can I find them?   ???

October 15, 2012, 09:14:31 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

Here is the APC40 layout

Dennis Kromhout

July 05, 2013, 02:34:07 PM
Reply #2

seacraw

Hello Dennis,

on the APC40 there are 40 Playback-Buttons. What's about the other 24 Playback Buttons. How can i reach them ? And what about the controller for the Playback Fader Attack. I see on the jpg 8 unused controller. The led color for the playback buttons are the same as the Launchpad ?

Greets
Jens

July 05, 2013, 02:53:11 PM
Reply #3

Dennis Kromhout

You can only control button bank 1 to 5 from the APC40, you can still execute the other buttons using the normal interface so keep this in mind when designing your showfile.
The default mode (after power-up) of the APC40 uses some controls in a way that can't be used in Cuelux, this is why some controls have no function assigned. While it is possible to set the APC in another mode using a SYSEX command, sending this isn't supported in Cuelux (yet)

The LED color of the grid is similar as the Launchpad.
Dennis Kromhout

July 05, 2013, 02:58:56 PM
Reply #4

Simon90

Hi
Other question
Do you have a Layout of the Livid Ohm RGB
This Controller Look very cool for controlling cuelux

Thanks
Simon

July 05, 2013, 03:06:25 PM
Reply #5

seacraw

ok, dennis, i understand, the problem with toogle and flash. then i forget the apc40. In this context another question. I have a mac and i use cuelux with an launchpad. This is very fine for the playback buttons. And now i search a solution for my playback fader (to set the speed in live session). The Behringer BCF-2000 looks good. But what must i do, when i want to use both devices. Do you have an matched midi mapping-XML for this two devices ? i use now midi patch bay because i send the midi clock from traktor.

Greets, Jens

July 05, 2013, 03:07:44 PM
Reply #6

seacraw

Hallo Simon,

das LAyout vom Livid Ohm findest Du in der Bedienungsanleitung von Cuelux.

July 05, 2013, 03:14:55 PM
Reply #7

Dennis Kromhout

Do you have a Layout of the Livid Ohm RGB
The mapping is the same as the Ohm64, only exception is the color of the button matches with the playback button in Cuelux

In this context another question. I have a mac and i use cuelux with an launchpad. This is very fine for the playback buttons. And now i search a solution for my playback fader (to set the speed in live session). The Behringer BCF-2000 looks good. But what must i do, when i want to use both devices. Do you have an matched midi mapping-XML for this two devices ? i use now midi patch bay because i send the midi clock from traktor.
While we don't supply midi maps that are using multiple controllers at once, there is a topic about it that you might find very interesting.
Dennis Kromhout

July 05, 2013, 03:16:07 PM
Reply #8

Simon90

Achso sind die alle identisch. Sorry hab ich nicht gesehen
:-S

Danke

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk