Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: fader pick up  (Read 5245 times)

May 19, 2013, 06:39:09 PM
Read 5245 times

Remkove

I heard that in cluelux pro the function fader pick up works. When does this come to cluelux?
I use the midicon.

Thanks.

May 21, 2013, 09:50:23 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

Yes, fader pickup will be implemented in Cuelux eventually.
But at the moment the development of Cuelux Pro takes a lot of time so we can't give any date when this feature will be available for Cuelux.
Dennis Kromhout

May 29, 2013, 10:07:10 AM
Reply #2

Remkove

Succes with cuelux pro. And I hope that when there comes an new version for cuelux. This function will be added to cuelux.

April 05, 2014, 06:28:42 AM
Reply #3

fungusgarden

Fader Pickup would be a huge bonus. As of now it has been my only real struggle using this software. I ordered the BCF2000 to use instead of the Midicon, but I would rather use the midicon if Fader Pickup is implemented. Multi touch would also be a blessing. A typical setup for me would be to set bank 1 playback faders as submasters so i can dimm my groups indv. I have roughly 7 groups of different fixtures. I then like to add some of the fixture control (Gobo Spin, Prisim rotation , Color Scroll , etc ) to playback faders in bank 2. If I have all 8 faders up %100 on bank 1 and then switch to bank to as soon as i move a fader it jumps up to 100% (on color scroll lets say) when i really would have like to raise it slowly. I know there is ways I can add some of these to the go buttons , but i like to speed up and slow down these effects with the faders and it looks horrible when the lights flicker or jump because i have to quick pull a fader down where i want it rather than slide it up slowly. I use a touch screen, so when I get the BCF2000 I suppose the things that are missing like master fader and be adjusted right on the touch screen simple enough. But I would love to be able to use my Midicon and Fader Pickup seems like it would solve all of my problems...   

Sincerely,
Russ

May 27, 2014, 11:45:26 PM
Reply #4

partyontour

+1

Coming from a BCF2000 I did a show with a Midicon (non-motorized faders) this weekend. It was really, really hard to do a show without motorized faders or fader pick-up. It would be great if this can be implemented in the near future :)

July 01, 2014, 05:09:43 PM
Reply #5

fungusgarden

Tell me about it. I would've been ok with the behringer except the motorized faders didnt always seem to make it back to zero.I sent it back and kept the Midicon. I'm trying to create a new show as we speak and it drives me nuts because of this simple limitation. I really enjoy the software and have stuck with it, but im considering moving on to something else. I literally skip a bank just so i can rset my faders and then go to the following bank to make my adjustments again. So I have Bank 1 faders setup as group dimmers and then I skip bank 2 and Bank 3 is setup as my mover/yoke light attributes, ie. Gobos, Prisim speed , color wheel etc. It is so much of a pain and almost impossible not to f up in a live situation. I have alot of software (and hardware, like my Roland Keyboard) that utilizes fader pickup when switching banks. I don't think this is a feature that should be added, I look at it as a bug that should be fixed. I spent $500 on this software, $500 for a midicon controller, $300 for a touchscreen (which is multi-touch but Cuelux isnt). I would think after $1300 I would be happy. Come on Visual Productions. Is this software dead ? When was the last update anyway ?

October 20, 2020, 01:09:39 PM
Reply #6

Kn00t

Bumping this :)

October 20, 2020, 01:54:37 PM
Reply #7

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Jamte,

I will have a look at the current status of the fader pick up.

Which hardware/software are you using? Which Midi controller?

Greetings,
Bootsy

October 21, 2020, 11:47:41 AM
Reply #8

Kn00t

Awesome!
I might just go for the Akai APC Mini, or the APC 40. Have a lot of controllers lying around, dunno quite which one is in the lead :)

October 22, 2020, 11:48:46 AM
Reply #9

Bootsy van der Zande

• Administrator
Hi Jamte,

My first attempt seems to show the fader pickup is not implemented. I will do a bit more research and discuss if we can make that happen.

If you have any midi controller lying around with motorised faders it should not be an issue I think, let me know if you do and I will give it a try here (if we have the same unit)

Perhaps a Behringer BCF-2000?

Greetings,
Bootsy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk