Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: v1.3.10 beta  (Read 10196 times)

May 25, 2013, 12:35:45 PM
Read 10196 times

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
Version 1.3.10 is available from ftp://haarlem.visualproductions.nl/releases
Please note that this is a beta release.

This version fixes a couple of bug fixes found in v1.3.9:
- Renaming Cuelists in the status-menu did only work for the first bank
- Assigning cuelists to playbacks from the cuelist-menu did not work anymore
- Access Violation when closing down
- Playbacks did not initially show correct cuelist-label

Again, we appreciate your feedback!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:57:57 PM by Dennis Kromhout »
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 25, 2013, 02:11:27 PM
Reply #1

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Maarten Thank you for the new version!
I'm gonna talk dutch because i need a bug fixed before tomorrow morning and i can explain better in dutch...

het betreft DMX in. Als ik naar actions ga, en ik maak een DMX getriggerde action om playback fader aan te sturen, zodat ik mijn front op DMX kan zetten. Ik stel in: Playback Fader, identifier 1, Intensity, Control. Links stel ik in: Channel, Channel 1, on Change.
Nu komt het signaal binnen en er wordt ook iets uitgestuurd, alleen de DMX waarde van de Showmaster 48 wordt niet opgenomen. Het is dus niet mogelijk om 1 bepaalde playback fader over te halen op DMX. Echter heb ik dit morgen nodig, dus ik hoop dat jullie het er snel uit kunnen halen. Ik weet dat het weekend is, sorry...

Another bug, but now in English:
every matrix layer controls DMX Channel 5 with the dimmer, DMX channel 6 with Red, channel 7 with green and channel 8 with blue. All on Universe 1.

Thank you!

May 25, 2013, 06:31:55 PM
Reply #2

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Please? I need a solution...

May 25, 2013, 06:33:21 PM
Reply #3

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
the office is close during week end... I don't think you will have a new version before monday...
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 25, 2013, 06:49:31 PM
Reply #4

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
I know that it is weekend, for mee it is weekend too, but how about support?

May 27, 2013, 10:04:42 AM
Reply #5

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
I know that it is weekend, for mee it is weekend too, but how about support?

Hi Boyd

Hope your job went well on Saturday, if I am right you did have a backup system in place - we know the CueluxPro software is not yet perfect, this is why we insure everyone is aware it is a Beta release!

I imagine you were feeling stressed and worried about your job when you wrote the post above.  I do not think we need to talk about hours people work and what is reasonable to expect. We do try to answer support posts as quickly as we can, more often than not outside of traditional working hours, infact yes, in this industry there are few traditional working hours!!

The guys are already working on fixes for the new release but each release we make does take time to insure as much as possible is corrected for you to use.

I will let Dennis answer any actual technical questions and problems you have come up against but I just wanted you to know that we are working our hardest on the Beta's in order to get to the point that a stable version can be released in a couple of months time. 

We welcome your feedback and we will always endeavour to meet our customers deadlines but sometimes we are only human, sorry  ;)

Thank you in advance and have a good day, groeten Zoe

Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

May 27, 2013, 10:11:39 AM
Reply #6

Dennis Kromhout

Hello Boyd,

In current version there's indeed a bug when using the DMX action source in combination with a "Playback fader" control function. This will be solved in next release. It is possible however to control the "Dashboard Playback Fader" using DMX. This might be a workaround for now in case only a few playbacks are required.
Dennis Kromhout

May 27, 2013, 01:11:37 PM
Reply #7

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Im sorry for my reaction. I was really stressed. We had test runs on saterday but the event was on Sunday. Sunday morning the audio guys saved me with a free xlr on the audio snake, we hadn't long dmx cables anymore... Thank you for the help... :)

May 27, 2013, 02:19:26 PM
Reply #8

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Thanks Boyd - we all suffer those kinda days once in a while! 

Glad all went well in the end - yeah to audio guys  ;D

greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

May 27, 2013, 03:30:40 PM
Reply #9

ERC

• Light Designer and Programmer
    • Architectural Light Design
Hey guys I have a question, I had made a palette/programmed a circle shape after this I unpatched the fixture and patched new fixtures. Now.... how can I delete the palette?

Likes to link everything that's possible... no is not the answer....

May 28, 2013, 09:52:26 PM
Reply #10

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
@ERC please click on EDIT+palette-cell. You should see an edit screen in which you can use the 'remove fixture' button.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

May 29, 2013, 10:15:57 PM
Reply #11

ERC

@ERC please click on EDIT+palette-cell. You should see an edit screen in which you can use the 'remove fixture' button.
[/quote

Thanks!

May 29, 2013, 10:38:24 PM
Reply #12

ERC

Hi Maarten and Dennis, first of all a REAL big thanks for the support today, also thanks to Dave from Acclaim! Sorry to call so much but I wasn't sure if some things where my fault or maybe a small bug in the beta software.

Some remarks;
- Swiping on Mac when in fullscreen is not possible
- I have the feeling that when dumping an FX (I used a circle on 6 moving heads) is not creating a seamless loop, first time I had a fade in and fade out, after I set this to zero it worked better but still not a seamless loop. I will try to test it later next week again.

- The fixture names are rather small, I can't read what it says, maybe an idea to make a "text"  field or maybe use the "programmer screen" in the middle to show the name of the fixture once you click it. For me it was very difficult to create groups because I could't read the text ;)

- The first "bar" in the speed setting in the FX has a rather high value, I believe it's value "10"  when I made a circle movement it looked best at speed "3" or "4"  and this value was a little difficult to choose... maybe make it possible that when "right"  click the bar or double click the bar to be able to manually give in the value.

- Sometimes when I pushed the "dump" button and then a PB, I had to push the "number"  several times before it pupped up in the "programmer"

The Cuelux Pro software really looks good and I really like to easy way to dump cues and playbacks into the CueCore, I'm looking forward to the new FX options  ;)

This was it for now :)  Have a good evening!

May 30, 2013, 10:37:51 AM
Reply #13

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 27, 2013, 04:19:29 PM
Reply #14

FFM

When will be there a new release ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk