Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Some bugs that i've found  (Read 74021 times)

June 09, 2013, 02:31:53 PM
Read 74021 times

Rio

• SDB Lighting
A few days ago I bought Cuelux because I was fully convinced after the demonstration Patrick gave me at the Bax-shop open day. After working with the software for a few days i've encountered a few bugs and issues.

Scrolling through the colors and gobo's on a Mac is inverted. Mac OSX uses natural scrolling. This is very annoying because it is not the way I am used to scroll.

Mac OSX uses the F1, F2,..., F8 buttons to operate functions in the operating system. For example, play/pause, Dashboard, Screen brightness, F5 and F6 are the only ones that are unused. So if I want to start from my keyboard for example a playback from playback button 1. I have to go to the system setting on my Mac and change the setting for my keyboard so the F1 keys are actually F1 keys.

The keys A to L and Z to M are unused. Why not replace all the keyboardfunctions to the letters on the keyboard? (Or numbers and first two rows of letters on the keyboard) Or the ultimate solution, user definable keys. So the user can chose which key operates which function.

The last bug is difficult to describe in english so I will type in Dutch:

Ik heb een playback aanstaan met de fader vol open. Ik druk op de flashbutton en hou deze ingedrukt. Ik zet de fader volledige naar beneden terwel ik de flashbutton nog steeds ingedrukt hou. Als ik vervolgens de flashbutton loslaat gaan de (in dit geval) ledparren nog steeds op volle intensiteit door met de chase. Het indicator balkje van de intensiteit op het scherm is wel volledig naar beneden. De enige manier om de ledparren chase toch volledig uit te dimmen is om de fader een klein stukje omhoog (Waarnaar de ledparren chase direct naar die kleine intensiteit spring) en vervolgens weer helemaal naar beneden te zetten. Het maakt niet uit of ik deze handeling doe via mijn BCF2000 of via mijn muis en toetsenbord.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:30:10 PM by Rio »

June 11, 2013, 10:20:40 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Scrolling through the colors and gobo's on a Mac is inverted. Mac OSX uses natural scrolling. This is very annoying because it is not the way I am used to scroll.
This was a design decision in the past and would probably stay the way it.

Mac OSX uses the F1, F2,..., F8 buttons to operate functions in the operating system. For example, play/pause, Dashboard, Screen brightness, F5 and F6 are the only ones that are unused. So if I want to start from my keyboard for example a playback from playback button 1. I have to go to the system setting on my Mac and change the setting for my keyboard so the F1 keys are actually F1 keys.

The keys A to L and Z to M are unused. Why not replace all the keyboardfunctions to the letters on the keyboard? (Or numbers and first two rows of letters on the keyboard) Or the ultimate solution, user definable keys. So the user can chose which key operates which function.
Cuelux was designed to keep as simple as possible meaning not to much user definable options because it makes it more difficult for most users.. But I've added your comment about the non-used keys to the list to conciser.

Ik heb een playback aanstaan met de fader vol open. Ik druk op de flashbutton en hou deze ingedrukt. Ik zet de fader volledige naar beneden terwel ik de flashbutton nog steeds ingedrukt hou. Als ik vervolgens de flashbutton loslaat gaan de (in dit geval) ledparren nog steeds op volle intensiteit door met de chase. Het indicator balkje van de intensiteit op het scherm is wel volledig naar beneden. De enige manier om de ledparren chase toch volledig uit te dimmen is om de fader een klein stukje omhoog (Waarnaar de ledparren chase direct naar die kleine intensiteit spring) en vervolgens weer helemaal naar beneden te zetten. Het maakt niet uit of ik deze handeling doe via mijn BCF2000 of via mijn muis en toetsenbord.
I've added this bug to the todo list.
Dennis Kromhout

June 11, 2013, 11:48:30 AM
Reply #2

Rio

• SDB Lighting

I am curious about the motivation behind that. Because I can't think of any reason why you would want to have the scrolling from your software be different from any other application in Mac OSX or how that can be a benefit for the user. And I mean litteral any other application, only cuelux has this.

To make the matter worser: If I turn off natural scrolling in the system settings of OSX everything in OSX will use the normal scrolling. (Like on a normal Windows computer) With the exception of Cuelux! Now Cuelux has natural scrolling and the rest of OSX had normal scrolling. So scrolling in Cuelux will always work differently than the user is used to. Not very user friendly don't you think?

When is the next Cuelux update expected to be released?

June 11, 2013, 11:57:58 AM
Reply #3

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
The scrolling is more logicly on touchscreens. I was wondering why they did this till i used my touchscreen...

June 11, 2013, 12:38:57 PM
Reply #4

Rio

• SDB Lighting
I've hooked up my iPad as a touchscreen to test it Nijst001. (Which look kinda cool http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y383/SDBLighting/IMG_2182_zps15857c19.jpg )

On a touchscreen the scrolling works perfectly normal. But when I make the same gesture on my Magic Mouse as I did on my iPad the scrolling is still inverted. And a Magic mouse is when it comes to scrolling is just a small touchscreen (Without the screen  ;) ) and natural scrolling is just the way as you scroll on a iPad/iPhone/touchscreen.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:10:51 PM by Rio »

June 30, 2013, 08:30:46 PM
Reply #5

Rio

• SDB Lighting

I am curious about the motivation behind that. Because I can't think of any reason why you would want to have the scrolling from your software be different from any other application in Mac OSX or how that can be a benefit for the user. And I mean litteral any other application, only cuelux has this.

To make the matter worser: If I turn off natural scrolling in the system settings of OSX everything in OSX will use the normal scrolling. (Like on a normal Windows computer) With the exception of Cuelux! Now Cuelux has natural scrolling and the rest of OSX had normal scrolling. So scrolling in Cuelux will always work differently than the user is used to. Not very user friendly don't you think?

When is the next Cuelux update expected to be released?

Wondering if there will ever be a response to this?

July 01, 2013, 12:27:41 PM
Reply #6

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

At the moment we're working full time on CueluxPro.
Eventually Cuelux is going to use the same engine as the Pro, this is why at the moment Cuelux won't be updated because the old code won't be used anymore. Once the pro engine is thought to be stable, Cuelux will get updated again. But at this moment we can't give any details on when as its unsure.

For future versions we will see what we can do about the scrolling.
Dennis Kromhout

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk