Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: TimeCode  (Read 5696 times)

June 18, 2013, 02:09:57 PM
Read 5696 times

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Well, CueluxPro has a lot of options to work with Timecode.
But how can i start a track in virtual DJ with CueluxPro, or start the time-code on cueluxPro with Virtual DJ.
Is there hardware nessecary? Or some software? I'm working on Windows, not on mac, otherwise i tried Qlab  ;D

Thank You!

June 18, 2013, 03:15:01 PM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Hello,

In the options -> communications -> "OSC & UDP" you can select the source of the timecode. CP doesn't send timecode at the moment. You will have to check if your software is able to send timecode using 1 of the supported protocols. For Art-Net there are many (free) utilities to send timecode over the network so no extra hardware is required.
Dennis Kromhout

June 25, 2013, 03:24:28 PM
Reply #2

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
i googled and tried things a few days, but no result. Where do you test timecode with?

June 25, 2013, 04:20:36 PM
Reply #3

Erics

• Member of the Turn The Table DJ Team
    • Turn The Table DJ Team
Normaly u use a Aplication like Cubase or Ableton to play a special track and send midi timecode MTC to Cuelux. I use this together with my laser software. A DJ Software like VirtualDJ or Traktor normaly only sends the BPM als tempo. But not the track position als timecode.

June 25, 2013, 04:25:53 PM
Reply #4

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Ok i'm gonna get a try on those softwares... Thank you!

August 24, 2013, 11:25:00 AM
Reply #5

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Finaly i know how SMPTE works. I have bin testing and messing around with it, but i can't get the right time to the cuecore.
I think tghe fault is in the audio track. Does anybody have an working SMPTE audio track?

Thank you!

August 25, 2013, 08:51:20 PM
Reply #6

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Found my error, it was the external sound card.
Only Prolux itself isn't receiving timecode? the Web cliënt of the cuecore shows me the correct time...
Bug to solve?

For the ones who wants to know how i did it:
I made a SMPTE recording in Cubase, the track has a duration of 30 minutes as i forgot to stop it after dinner :D
But, i can keep it and shorten it to my desired length for my lightshow.
I play 2 songs at the same time with Virtual DJ. I use an external sound card for output to speakers, and the internal headphone conntection on deck 4, with the timecode track. I start the tracks with a keyboard shortcut.
I have an Mini-jack to XLR (some plugs between them) from my laptop's headphone output to the SMPTE XLR connector on the Cuecore.
Works fine!

Hope you can fix it soon :D
Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:56:51 PM by nijst001 »

August 28, 2013, 11:19:08 AM
Reply #7

Dennis Kromhout

Only Prolux itself isn't receiving timecode? the Web cliënt of the cuecore shows me the correct time...
Bug to solve?

Seems to work fine here. Could you check if the CueCore is assigned to a universe and in options -> OSC & UDP the timecode source is set to SMPTE.
Also when you goto Network and select the CueCore you should see the SMPTE time when the CueCore is recieving.
Dennis Kromhout

August 28, 2013, 11:21:16 AM
Reply #8

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Double Checked it, but the clock doesn't count...
Maybe something with ArtNet settings?

August 28, 2013, 11:48:13 AM
Reply #9

Dennis Kromhout

And in the network page, is there a time displayed (counting or not, doesn't mind for now) in the Smpte field or a -

Are you using the latest versions of the software/firmware?
Dennis Kromhout

August 28, 2013, 12:07:32 PM
Reply #10

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Time in network always stays at 00:00:00:00.
I'm using Windows 8, CueluxPro version 1.3.44 and Cuecore firmware 1.56
Laptop for sound is Windows 7, timecode played in virtual DJ but in vManager there is a clock counting, so sound will not be the problem i guess

August 28, 2013, 12:13:23 PM
Reply #11

Dennis Kromhout

Do not use vManager for this, only CueluxPro as vManager doesn't show the Smpte time. The clock in vManager is the CueCore's internal RTC. This has nothing to do with Smpte.

Is the timecode source in the CueCore settings configured to use SMPTE? and are you sure the TC displayed in the CueCore's interface is the correct timecode you're sending?
Dennis Kromhout

August 28, 2013, 12:17:31 PM
Reply #12

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Yes, i'm shure, i didn't mean vManager but the web page, sorry.
Source is SMPTE, clock counting correctly in browser, but 00:00:00:00 on CP. Timeline also not counting in CP

If you want we can set up a Teamviewer connection...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:23:47 PM by nijst001 »

October 17, 2013, 05:32:52 PM
Reply #13

Boyd Nijsten

• www,guusvandenakker.nl
Finally got it working (for about a week) with a version i got from Patrick. But i have about 1 second delay with timecode. Is this an issue from CP or has it something to do with the track, artnet (i use Capture), ... Thank you!

October 18, 2013, 03:48:26 PM
Reply #14

Dennis Kromhout

I was able to reproduce some delay in CP, this is improved in next version.
Dennis Kromhout

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk