Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Control speed and intensity in matrix  (Read 2424 times)

September 18, 2013, 10:51:04 PM
Read 2424 times

MarkVRW

I programmed some matrix shapes under playback faders. I patched them at an visual touch button field. This works fine.

But, some shapes can not be controlled by dimmer. I programmed 1 playback fader to be my dimmer intensity, all the other playback faders have RGB levels, position levels, and pattern information in them. So I tought I can control the intensity of whatever matrix is being used. This works fine for butterfly and radar, but not for the matrix pattern for example.

And, I would like to control the speed level of the matrix in use in visual touch. How can I manage that?

September 18, 2013, 11:18:36 PM
Reply #1

MarkVRW

Also, I would like to control the FX-rate with a fader in vtouch. Can't seem to find that command. Due to control the movement speed of moving heads.

September 19, 2013, 09:33:48 AM
Reply #2

Dennis Kromhout

But, some shapes can not be controlled by dimmer.
This has been fixed for next release.

And, I would like to control the speed level of the matrix in use in visual touch. How can I manage that?
To do this you will have to make a seperate cuelist with only the Spee(d) from the custom tabs.

Also, I would like to control the FX-rate with a fader in vtouch.
You can use Task: "Dashboard Playback Fader" Feature: "LevelQuadruple"
Dennis Kromhout

September 24, 2013, 09:49:56 PM
Reply #3

MarkVRW

When making new playback faders for speed control, i have a image which is moving by the shape generator. In playback fader 1 for example is the info such as gobo, rotation, speed, size etc. Speed is controlled by the speed fader in the FX generator, next to size. I use a pan-only shape. This works fine.

But, when I only put the speed level in another playback fader (this value is higher, meant to go faster), and activate that playback fader. This also affects it's size. It will only go from left to right as it should when speed is full up. I want it to go from left to right, even with speed at 50%.

Nothing has been programmed along with the speed. It's only speed that has been edited.

October 01, 2013, 01:32:30 PM
Reply #4

MarkVRW

October 03, 2013, 11:57:20 AM
Reply #5

Dennis Kromhout

You can add an action to the second fader (not assigned to a cue) controlling the FXrate of your first playback.
Dennis Kromhout

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk