Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: TouchOSC Layout and Mapping for Cuelux  (Read 29952 times)

February 07, 2014, 01:34:01 AM
Read 29952 times

Frankyferengi

• DJ FRANK.EE
Hello All,
I have created a Cuelux control with TouchOSC.
I have successfully tested this with a Windows7/ XP PC, Cuelux 1.3.40,TouchOSC/ TouchOSC Brige (hexler.net) and the iPad Air.
Possible the surface running 1:1 on a Android system? Perhaps someone can try it.
Sed me an PM you are interested in the files.

My Thanx to the Visual Team for the Support and Michaelmoore83 for the Basic Idea.
Improvements please post here, translate questions into German.
Solong, Frank

Little guide for my TouchOSC surface.
Download and install TouchOSC on your tablet , the bridge and the builder on your computer.
Connect both devices via WiFi and transfer my file to your tablet . A Guide for the programs there by the manufacturer.
Now to the details of my control .
On page one you will find , in addition to the global control , 8 direct fader 1 to 8, about the controller for speed and attack ,
and the buttons for start /stop and back . The LED in the button show the status ( active cue ) and the level of the fader.
Most actions have a midi fedback . Changing the value in the software , then you see it on the tablet.
Ok , page 2 is constructed exactly as the first. only the selection of the fader depends on the current bank.
Page 3 is the button section. button 9-48 are directly selected. 1-8 will depend on the selected bank.
The Bank you selected using the up and down keys , or direct with the respective button .
The button are in push modus, one push, step forward, long push stop the action.
The programmer is the same as the page in the software. the x / y field is specifically for the control of moving light .
Unfortunately Cuelux has no midi feedback for this area .
Now you have a little insight about the idea behind my layout .
Many functions that I have not described is self-explanatory. And now have a lot of fun ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:49:51 PM by Frankyferengi »
Cuelux v.1.3.94 VAIO Notebook, 2.4Ghz Core2Duo,
4GB RAM, Win7 64bit Home. MIDIcon , TouchOSC, iPad Air

February 07, 2014, 09:39:42 AM
Reply #1

Dennis Kromhout

Very cool, thanks for sharing :)
Dennis Kromhout

February 07, 2014, 09:34:00 PM
Reply #2

NathanFinnamore

This looks awesome! I'll be sure to try it out sometime, thanks  a lot for sharing.

February 25, 2014, 09:59:30 AM
Reply #3

Simon90

sehr cooles layout. Danke das du uns teilhaben lässt
Einzige was noch super wäre wenn es einen einen "Release Button" geben würde bei der "Button Selection"
Test unter Cuelux, Mac Book, Ipad Air am Wochenende war erfolgreich und sehr spaßig  :)

MfG Simon

February 27, 2014, 01:09:54 AM
Reply #4

Frankyferengi

• DJ FRANK.EE
Hallo Simon,
Danke für das positive Feadback. Da ich selber nix, nicht mal was zu kaufen, gefunden habe,
dachte ich, soll es Anderen nicht auch so gehen. Muss ja nicht jeder das Rad noch mal erfinden.
Ein Release Button habe ich auch schon vermisst. Villeicht mach ich das irgendwann.
In den letzten Wochen habe ich aber das komplette Mapping noch mal umgeschrieben um einen
Parallelbetrieb von Ipad und Midicon zu realisieren, nicht ganz ohne Stolz, mit Erfolg!
Vielleicht gibt es ja demnächst eine 2. Auflage für Alle!?

Gruss Frank
PS. Kannst Du für die Mac Nutzer vielleicht noch eine kurze Info über die Installation schreiben,
wenn es etwas zu beachten gibt.(Vorzugsweise in Englisch) Danke!

March 22, 2014, 06:56:19 AM
Reply #5

benzer

Hallo Frank,

hast Du eine Liste mit den Midi-Noten für Cuelux/Emulation? Ich möchte Dein sehr gute Layout für meine Bedürfnisse verfeinern/ anpassen.
Kannst Du mir diese Liste dann per Mail schicken.

Danke und Gruß nach Brieselang

April 08, 2014, 11:17:56 PM
Reply #6

fungusgarden

Is there a way I can make this work with Elation Emulation. I have done everything and can get the layout up on the ipad and Touch OSC bridge on the windows PC. The Touch OSC in and out show up on the midi devices but the Map doesnt show up in the list. I have moved it to the midimap folder.

Thanks
Russ

April 09, 2014, 03:29:54 PM
Reply #7

Frankyferengi

• DJ FRANK.EE
most likely you did not copy the xml file in the correct folder.
Which OS do you use?

Gruss Frank

April 26, 2014, 06:19:15 AM
Reply #8

bourby

This is a great template, could it be written for CueluxPro as well?

April 26, 2014, 12:53:17 PM
Reply #9

Julien Levaufre

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
the cuelux pro layout is already supplied by visual production when you install cueluxpro.
You can find the layout in the folder:program files/visual productions/CueluxPro/touchosc.
You just need to put the layout on your ipad, and turn on the osc on cuelux pro.
Ste the in and out ip addresse on cuelux and touch osc, and it's done!
Julien Levaufre
Visual Productions BV

May 07, 2014, 03:07:38 PM
Reply #10

dennis058

vielen dank fürs online stellen, sowas hat mir noch gefehlt! geniale Arbeit. ich hoffe ich bekomme das auf meinem ipad zum laufen :-D

May 08, 2014, 03:19:15 PM
Reply #11

PARTY-DISCOSHOW.NL

• PARTY-DISCOSHOW.NL ALLROUD DJ / DRIVE-IN SHOW
    • www.party-discoshow.nl Allround Drive in Show
Sieht gut aus !!

Kann es auch in Kombination mit einem normalen Berührungsbildschirm verwendet werden. Dieses Layout ist viel benutzerfreundlicher als das Original Cuelux. Also ohne Touchpad und WLAN. Aber zum Beispiel, ein ELO-Touchscreen und ein MINI-PC

May 08, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
Reply #12

Frankyferengi

• DJ FRANK.EE
Sieht gut aus !!

Kann es auch in Kombination mit einem normalen Berührungsbildschirm verwendet werden. Dieses Layout ist viel benutzerfreundlicher als das Original Cuelux. Also ohne Touchpad und WLAN. Aber zum Beispiel, ein ELO-Touchscreen und ein MINI-PC

Vielen Dank!
vermutlich lässt sich diese Oberfläche nicht auf einem "normalen" PC oder Mac betreiben.
Das Programm dahinter gibt es, meines Wissen, nur für Tabletts. Wobei natürlich die Größe des Display nicht begrenzt ist.
Da es sich aber nur um einen virtuellen Midi/ OSC Controller handelt wäre eine Verwendung, mit entsprechender Software,
auch auf einem Computer denkbar. Also, wenn es ein OSC Programm für Computer gibt dann sollte es gehen.
Sicher müsste aber die Oberfläche mit Kanalzuweisung neu erstellt werden.

Beste Grüße in die Niederlande,
Frank

July 28, 2014, 08:27:27 PM
Reply #13

erniberni

HEY THERE my first one.
First of all nice work dj frankee, saw touch osc on the store fe moths ago when i bought the soft, but was too busy and not informed enough about xml to take the challange of making my own layout atouh I have to sayy that .xml isn`t that complicated. But as like you said "man musss dasa rad nicht neu erfinden" and at that time i was happy when i fannaly got the keys flashing on the bcf 2000 instead of pushing them twice (by the way the sysex dump in the forum has this problem e.G. for changing bank xou have to presstwice flash buttons toggle bla bla).
SECOND a big thanks to VP Guys for this soft at this price its quite fair altough there are some issues but later. As I see here everyone is welcome you give support to everyone and that is cool btw. i have emulation  ;D . Please kick the Elation guys in their nuts I wrote them hmmm 3 months ago ...no answer and i think they arent that good supporters after i looked through their forum. Im abitte pissed but ok. Its not the time i write my own thread. You rock Elation not and sorry i just didnz like purple but should have gave my money to you  ::) .
back to topic...
Just wanted to say that if sb is intrested i can upload a small workaround on the osclayout shown here. By the way if sb is intrested it works on android perfectly (GALX. TABIII KitKat) only the programmer section seems a bit strange to me but i think its the same on ios.
In fact my workaround consists of: Zooming the whole thing as my tab got some more pixels (fader are  a bit bigger), the midimap is compilied to work parallel with a standard bcf 2000 (standard: Buttons as in cuelux manual) it works with feedback on faders, I want to put the last two banks of  buttons direct on screen in the button section and i think there will be one or two things more, so just scream  :D if you´re intrested.

Now in german : DJFrankee hast du beim erstellen des layouts dir iwo nen merkzetel gemacht auf welchen Kanälen du wiviele indexe gesetzt hast  :-\ hoffe weist was ich meine, will wie gesagt die letzten 16 buttons drauf hauen brauch aber dann32 freie speicher (mit den leds) auf drie wo die buttons programiert sind war ja fast voll wenn ich richtig geschaut habe wär cool wenns da was gäbe dann wär das nicht son krampf bis man an der datei arbeiten kann (mitm bcf sins jetzt 50 seiten bei open office ). Hast aber damit echt n ding rausgehauen.

biss denne ; bye

I5 Quadcore, 16GB RAM, Win 10, BCF2000 Launchpad aaaaand Cuelux -------> BIG Show

July 29, 2014, 03:57:01 PM
Reply #14

Frankyferengi

• DJ FRANK.EE
Hello erniberni,
thank you for your comment and praise. Unfortunately, I and Googel understand only half. Too much slang and bad grammar;)
Also I do not understand your question exactly.
Please write your problem again in beautiful British English or in "Hochdeutsch" as PM.
by Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk