Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: B-Station and Artnet TX  (Read 2607 times)

June 19, 2014, 12:41:17 PM
Read 2607 times

PSH

Hi there!

I want to use several B-Stations to remote trigger a light console via Artnet/DMX. Therefore I want to keep the traffic as low as possible, as we have to transmit 90+ Artnet universes.
But as I discovered the B-Station seems to just send full packages of Artnet @30fps. Is there a way to switch it to just send a status every now and then and deltas in between?
Is there a way to have the Artnet be unicast instead of broadcast?

Thank you - Philipp

Amptown System Company

June 20, 2014, 01:12:37 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Philipp,

Would your console be able to accept UDP or OSC messages? In that case you would have a low-bandwith connection with the current functionality in the B-Station.

If the above is not possible then I will do some homework to see if we can add unicast functionality to the B-Station or lower the Art-Net FPS. What would be your deadline for this?

cheers,
Maarten
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 20, 2014, 03:11:14 PM
Reply #2

PSH

Hi Maarten!

Deadline will be next year somewhen in summer, but we are shipping the equipment out in nov/dec; so all the configuration should be done by then.

The B-Stations are tiggering a gMA2, which will take UDP, but no OSC commands (so far, but I asked them to thinka about it).
But as the B-Station is also kind of a local backup for when the gMA2 system should fail, to get at least some static light on stage, I can't switch of the artnet.

So, I guess, when you find some time, it would be cool to think about unicasts...  ::)

CU soon - Philipp

July 08, 2014, 12:23:05 PM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Philipp,

We've added the unicast feature to the B-Station. We'll test it over the next few weeks and after that make it available as a firmware-upgrade.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk