Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Sudden Crashes and Fixture-mixups.  (Read 2717 times)

September 24, 2014, 05:16:18 PM
Read 2717 times

WORMcrew

Hello all.

Somehow during shows we have exstensive Matrix usage, Cuelux Pro suddenly crashes out of no reason, for the screen freezes, but all the light still function as should, but after 10 seconds it justs crashes to its desktop and all the lights go in black-out mode.
Though this is pretty messed up during danceparties, the restart is even more troublesome:

After a crash, we reboot Cuelux Pro, but than it has all kind of different fixtures then the ones we have given them. like for instance:
Moving Heads become showbars, LED Par becomes a dimmerpack etc. etc.
Sometimes this can be cured with another reboot of the system, but sometimes it also requires multiple reboots (all while still busy with the event)...

Has anyone encountered problems like this before? And is there a cure for this (especially the mixing-up of the fixtures... an occasional crash is not the big problem)

Kind Regards,

Robin

October 02, 2014, 02:11:45 PM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
hi Robin,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Is it possible for you to send the show file to support at visual productions punt nl? Hopefully we can reproduce the failure and take from there.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

October 07, 2014, 11:24:26 PM
Reply #2

WORMcrew

Hello Maarten,

I will send you the show file tomorrow!
I read about some other people having the same fixture-mixups, and apparantly it can be cured by adding a fixture (for instance a specific type of moving head) you already have in your list, but than wrongfully displayed as an different fixture. Adding this new (double) fixture, will result in a reset of all your fixtures back to their original fixtures.

Kind regards,

Robin

October 08, 2014, 09:05:00 AM
Reply #3

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
thanks, I will try to reproduce the problem and report back to you.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk