Visual Productions forum

Author Topic: Midimaps - generic.xml  (Read 6415 times)

December 27, 2014, 08:31:53 PM
Read 6415 times

bourby

I see in the folder theres a "Generic.xml" this doesn't show in my midi maps though ..

Any reason for this?

December 30, 2014, 10:58:38 AM
Reply #1

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
    • www.visualproductions.nl
The Generic midimap is used for Cuelux only. In CueluxPro you can create any custom midimap via the actions.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 01, 2015, 05:57:37 AM
Reply #2

bourby

Martin,

I refer to page 29 of the Cuelux Pro Manual "Generic Midi-map
Next to the hardware speci,c midi-maps, CueluxPro also oKers a generic midi-map in which all the software functions that can be controlled through MIDI are assigned to Note or Control Change message. This midi-map is intended for use with external MIDI software like sequencers or DAWs."

I've tried action list and found the midi implementation near on unusable. It's unreliable and can't be used in a live environment.

EG, I'll set the action to flash the Dashboard Button 1 mapped to note C1 .. If I hit that note, it flashes .. if I hold it down a couple of seconds it stays on. If I flash the button in fast succession, it flashes half the time and the other half the time stays on. It's not working right.

If I do the flash button using a MidiMapped device, flash always works.

You advertised a full generic midi map in your manual, and I expect this to be supplied.

January 01, 2015, 10:14:44 PM
Reply #3

bourby

Can I get an expedited answer here Martin?

This is a feature you advertise but aren't supplying. I need to program a huge show and need this in place now.

January 02, 2015, 11:04:12 AM
Reply #4

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
Bourby,

You can copy the attached generic midimap to your [user]\Visual Productions\CueluxPro\Midimaps\Factory folder.

Please note that the action-editor and the midimaps share exactly the same back-end in the software. The action editor provides you with a GUI to customise your MIDI triggers whereas the midimaps are just read-only files.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 02, 2015, 11:37:12 AM
Reply #5

bourby

Any thoughts on my delay issues?

How many layers does this midi map work till?

January 05, 2015, 10:13:44 AM
Reply #6

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
We use a library for receiving the midi messages. I have noticed the performance of this library is better on Mac OS and Linux.

What do you mean with layers? I am not sure.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

January 05, 2015, 10:17:47 AM
Reply #7

bourby

I only use OSX.

I mean the faders layers and playback layers are theoretically unlimited? How many does the generic profile talk to?

What do you mean you "use a library"?

March 09, 2015, 08:09:33 AM
Reply #8

bourby

March 13, 2015, 02:12:29 PM
Reply #9

bourby

The lack of replies is very disappointing ..

March 13, 2015, 05:56:07 PM
Reply #10

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Hi Brett

I am sorry I think your messages just got overlooked, it is not personal to you but I understand disappointing and frustrating that you need answers and don't have them.

I have set an alarm to ask my colleague to check back with you on Monday.  I am sorry I don't know the answer to help you over this weekend.

Greetings Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

April 03, 2015, 12:33:27 AM
Reply #11

bourby

Still nothing .. not surprised though.

April 07, 2015, 10:12:23 AM
Reply #12

Maarten Engels

• Administrator
hi bourby,

The midi map links to the first 8 fader-banks and the first 8 button-banks.

The 'layer' I was referring to is a software-component that we use to have the same midi functionality on all three win/mac/linux platforms. But it is good to know on which platform you're running (osx). When you experiencing midi delays or even missed-messages, then please have a look at the menu->communication->serial->midi. Here you can check whether the midi messages you are missing (after a fast flash) are actually received by the software. This would be very useful feedback for us to work on.
Maarten Engels
Visual Productions BV

June 23, 2015, 02:15:19 AM
Reply #13

john.stanley

Hi Bourby,

Please remember we are here locally in Melbourne should you have any technical questions.

As we use both Cuelux and Cuelux Pro on a daily basis, we may have some answers right away rather than having to wait over night for the guys in NL to reply.

we also have a test bench setup in our office with both Win and OSX running and can also conduct any tests.

Cheers

June 23, 2015, 08:40:34 AM
Reply #14

Zoë Castle

• Visual Productions
    • http://www.visualproductions.nl
Thank you John, this will be a great help to us and customers alike!!

Have a good "evening" greetings from "time for coffee" in NL  :)

Zoe
Zoë Castle
Sales Manager
Visual Productions BV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk